While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Helms

Reaction score
Wooohoo, another video of the lovely George Harrison song, While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
It's probably the most common uke song out there, but since I was recording Shirley T. I thought I might as well record this song too.
Hope you enjoy (although you probably already heard the song a thousand times before)

Here's a link for my channel in case anyone would want to hear me play more music :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Heelms?feature=mhum

Nice work dude. God it sucks seeing young guns playing that well. Just don't tell me you've only been playing for a few months or i'll punch myself.

Nice work dude. God it sucks seeing young guns playing that well. Just don't tell me you've only been playing for a few months or i'll punch myself.

Thanks everyone!!
Uhm, I'm afraid I've only been playing about 2 months. But I've been playing guitar for years so no need to punch yourself :)

Thanks everyone!!
Uhm, I'm afraid I've only been playing about 2 months. But I've been playing guitar for years so no need to punch yourself :)

In that case, that is absolutely incredible and I look forward to hearing what you can do as time passes.

Mickey
Ukulele Player Magazine

Thanks everyone!!
That's great man (ooh!) Glad to hear it (aah!) Seriously though, good job, keep it up.

Wow! I can't believe you just banged that out. That is so far beyond me. I could never even come close, even with years and years of practice.
Your version was totally cool. It's a rare youtube vid that I watch all the way through, and almost unheard of for me to go back and watch again.
I've seen your's a couple time already. Really really enjoyable.
It totally reminds me of the first thing that got me interested in the uke (Jake playing that song.)
Good job.

Wauw! Thank you so much!
It really means a lot to me!

Det der var ganske imponerende Helms, og særlig med tanke på at du ikke har spilt ukulele lengre enn noen få måneder. Det hjelper å ha gitarbakgrunnen, men allikevel. Big ups! :D

That was awesome playing. 2 months?! Oh you had a guitar background.. but 2 MONTHS?!?!?! I almost couldn't tell between that and Jake's playing.

(only way i could tell was his mad wicked intros)

That was awesome playing. 2 months?! Oh you had a guitar background.. but 2 MONTHS?!?!?! I almost couldn't tell between that and Jake's playing.

(only way i could tell was his mad wicked intros)

Hehe, thank you :) I decided not to play the intro, since I haven't seen any intros on YouTube besides Jake's succeed. I figured I couldn't either :)

Og mange tak Nelson :)

Hello Helms I just watched your video, you are amazing. Hopefully after 2 months I will be able to play like that,
You and I have a few things in common
-both like while my guitar
-both go by the name Helms
-both are ex-guitar players
quick question, how long did you play guitar and what kind of music, I always like to talk to different guitarist about their style and influences but the uke has my heart...

I really enjoyed your cover. I just started playing the ukulele too, but I'm going from playing piano for 14 years to this. Lol. I have a question for you. Could you give a breakdown of the crazy break away part? Are you just strumming up down up down really fast and hammering on and off every third strum? That's what it sounded like to me, but I could be wrong. And are you throwing in triplets too?

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Helms I just watched your video, you are amazing. Hopefully after 2 months I will be able to play like that,
You and I have a few things in common
-both like while my guitar
-both go by the name Helms
-both are ex-guitar players
quick question, how long did you play guitar and what kind of music, I always like to talk to different guitarist about their style and influences but the uke has my heart...

Hey there! Thanks a lot. Sweet we both share Helms as last name (Any chance you've heard of Adam Helms? He's the first Helms in my family)
Anyway, I've been playing guitar for about three years on and off. Been playing different things, GnR mostly, but now it's just rythm guitar I mostly play.
After I started playing uke, my guitars are getting dustier :)

@audball
Thanks!
I'm afraid I can't tell how to do. Ive learned triplets and a few other techniques, but as soon I start playing my mind goes blank and forgets everything. So basically I just try to strum so it suits the music and my mood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom