Does Anyone Else

Sharada

Reaction score
catch themselves air uking to practice chords and strumming at random times in possibly embarassing situations? :p

I do!

Yes lol all the time, but all the wierd looks count for nothing when they're looking at you in oar strumming the ukulele

Hehee, yeah, but Im fingerpicking :D I was just thinking this morning, what are the sideeffects the other newbies are showing. I had a case of sleep-playng today- my 1,5 year old son woke up at night, so I took him my bed and fell asleep again. Soon I felt him pulling my hair and it was really painful, but as I dremt that he was playng Paris Nocturn on ukulele and it sounded great I wanted him to finish the song before I told him not to pull my hair :D

Last edited:
Nah...It's dreaming and practicing of the way you want to play your ukulele in the future...Have Fun and enjoy!!!
"Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan..

I do it too! Usually when I'm headed upstairs in my lift coz it takes forever!

"Air uking" is practicing too. Of course you must pick it up and play, but you can practice in your head too. It counts. DAP

I've been know to use my cat as an impromptu uke.

Oddly enough, he seems to like it.

Yeah!
When I'm out running I distract my mind by playing air uke.
Especially While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Shirley T and a few others are good.
They are long and I forget about the pain in my legs

ha, maybe sometimes. I think I'll use the side of my pant leg to practice strumming stuff at times, but most of the time I'm thinking about it in my mind. Maybe you could call it mental practice or something. I'm thinking about where I'd put my fingers and that sort of thing. Sometimes it's the best thing when you can't get a hold of a uke.

I sometimes "strum" along with songs on the side of my leg while I'm in the car. I caught my wife looking at me funny one day when I was doing it. I think I kind of looked sheepish until she said, "playing your uke?"

I'll find my self to be singing im yours and realizing i know the chords in the air but ill get to my uke and draw a blank and need to look at the music:")

Absolutely! Does anyone else find themselves using the outside of their forearms to practice chords? (Holding your right forearm (if righty) across your chest and using the left hand to make chords). Though I haven't received my uke yet, it's still great to practice. C:

Top Bottom