PDA

View Full Version : Guilt trip Aldrine, Rayan and Aaron into coming to the UWC2011

hoosierhiver
10-07-2010, 09:07 AM
It might take some time to wear them down, so let's start the guilt trip now.

Ukeffect
10-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Dear Aldrine, Rayan and Aaron, please...please come to the UWC 2011! I promise to be there this year...I will save every penny I can, I'll cash in stock, I'll eat peanut butter for months, I'll..I'll *gulp* SELL ukes to afford to come there! please!?
:iwant:

joeybug
10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
I'll join the crusade to guilt, but I won't be there because money does not permit it, even if I started saving now!

BUT Dear Aldrine, Rayan and Aaron...PLEASE GO!!!!

sukie
10-07-2010, 10:24 AM
If I don't get to meet Rayan I'll be very sad. I've met Aldrine and Aaron. I want to see them again. In fact, I'd love to have a lesson from Aldrine in PERSON! -- which could be done if they came to UWC.

Of course they should come to UWC. AND it would be a tax write-off. Business expenses and all.......

Come on guys. Please come.

CoLmes
10-07-2010, 11:22 AM
We hammed UWC into them hard during the Cali tour. Lets hope.

Aldrine Guerrero
10-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Hoboy... lol

bbycrts
10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Aldrine, Ryan, Aaron -

Isn't that nasty California getting pretty boring by now? Come see Indiana!

Besides, if you don't I'll shoot you with the baby carrot cannon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bhq_NL6jL0

Jerlial Prophet
10-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Here's my stab at guilt.

I'm definitely not going to the UWC2011 unless Aldrine, Rayan, and Aaron go.

Okay, maybe I'll go anyways, but I won't be happy ;)

Dominator
10-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I may have missed it but are the dates set for 2011?

Rzr
10-08-2010, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDaPvER0uo&NR=1

oldrookie
10-08-2010, 02:54 AM
I'll join the campaign if they'll attempt to guilt trip me into visiting Hawaii. And they'd have a much easier time in achieving their goal than I will in getting them to Indiana!

joeybug
10-08-2010, 02:55 AM
I'll join the campaign if they'll attempt to guilt trip me into visiting Hawaii. And they'd have a much easier time in achieving their goal than I will in getting them to Indiana!

LOL...that is so true!

Dibblet
10-08-2010, 02:59 AM

And what country for 2011?

ukeeku
10-08-2010, 03:58 AM
I think it would be better to make it worth their time. Here is my proposal:
I will make the Official shirts for the UWC 2011 and sell them online prior to and at the event. Most everyone was wearing a UU shirt, and some had the UWC 2010 shirts and paid a lot to get them. If I sell them for $20 (If I sell 100+ shirts) that would more than pay for air and a place for them to stay.

The breakdown:
100+ shirts with one color printing are roughly $6 per shirt, so selling them at $20, it would net $1400, so you take about $200 off of that for overhead of unpurchased shirts. You will have $1200 to pay for air and their share of a cabin with the other UUers.

Thoughts?

hoosierhiver
10-08-2010, 04:36 AM

UWC 2011 is June 3rd-4th in Brown County Indiana.

I like the T-shirt idea, maybe we should have a design contest for it.

sebi
10-08-2010, 07:39 AM
UWC 2011 is June 3rd-4th in Brown County Indiana.

Fantastic!! I missed out on UWC 2009 and UWC 2010 because work didn't allow it, but UWC 2011 has to happen for me -- now start the guilt trip -- unless Aldrine, Rayan and Aaron don't attend. Then, I won't go either!!

PS: The T-shirt idea sounds great!! Please let it happen since I really want to attend UWC 2011. :)

CoLmes
10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
I think we have to make it clear though, they aren't "on" to do anything UU related unless they want to. We just want them there as our friends, just to hang out and let them see what has been created because of this website. Let them see the people who travel hundreds and thousands of miles for Mike's event. The reason why I love UWC is because of how laid back and unorganized it is. There's no vendors or workshops or anything of the like. You're just hanging with people from all over the world who love the ukulele and that's all. No strings attached. It's really amazing.

We want them there as themselves, to just have fun and relax with us in the middle of no where.

thejumpingflea
10-08-2010, 08:24 AM
If Aldrine, Ryan and Aaron go then I have no reason not to be there. ;)

UncleElvis
10-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Yeah. What Colin said!

You guys should come just 'cuz we like you and want to see you there!

I've started saving already!

Rzr
10-08-2010, 08:32 AM
I think we have to make it clear though, they aren't "on" to do anything UU related unless they want to. We just want them there as our friends, just to hang out and let them see what has been created because of this website. Let them see the people who travel hundreds and thousands of miles for Mike's event. The reason why I love UWC is because of how laid back and unorganized it is. There's no vendors or workshops or anything of the like. You're just hanging with people from all over the world who love the ukulele and that's all. No strings attached. It's really amazing.

We want them there as themselves, to just have fun and relax with us in the middle of no where.

Is that what is was like? Sounds amazing.
Still foggy for me. No don't tell me anymore, I like it this way.

salukulady
10-08-2010, 08:33 AM

We want them there as themselves, to just have fun and relax with us in the middle of no where. I hafta agree with Colin. UWC is not a uke festival. We got plenty of those. UWC's unorganized approach is what is appealing about it. I want the boys there to enjoy a group of friends playing uke and hanging out....not to headline the event. And knowing Aldrine, he wouldn't want to take away from the fact that EVERYONE there is welcome to get on stage and play no matter what their ability.

Rzr
10-08-2010, 08:33 AM
If Aldrine, Ryan and Aaron go then I have no reason not to be there. ;)

I do remember being dissapointed when Dominator told me you couldn't come. Hopefully it works out next year.

UkuleleHill
10-08-2010, 08:53 AM
I totally agree that I think they should be there! I also agree with everything said about being laid back, no headlining or anything. Its all about just being there and having fun!

bbycrts
10-08-2010, 09:02 AM

You're absolutely on the money, Colin!

ukeeku
10-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I like the T-shirt idea, maybe we should have a design contest for it.

YES!! A design contest would be awesome. How about they win free entry to the UWC!!! :P
Actually I would just give them a shirt, maybe you could give them credit on stageor something.

salukulady
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
YES!! A design contest would be awesome. How about they win free entry to the UWC!!! :P
Actually I would just give them a shirt, maybe you could give them credit on stageor something.Tim, Mike doesn't charge for UWC attendance.....it's priceless.

salukulady
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I do remember being dissapointed when Dominator told me you couldn't come. Hopefully it works out next year.And Sebi.....I want Sebi there.

Faricelli
10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Totally agree with Colin. The last thing I want is this to turn into an organized concert. I like to think of this event as a place of like individuals expressing the joy of the ukulele, and drinking beer with good friends.

One way to make money is to charge the post ho thread people a quarter every time they post. Hughes would pay for them to come a few times over.

salukulady
10-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Totally agree with Colin. The last thing I want is this to turn into an organized concert. I like to think of this event as a place of like individuals expressing the joy of the ukulele, and drinking beer with good friends.

One way to make money is to charge the post ho thread people a quarter every time they post. Hughes would pay for them to come a few times over.Who's Hughes and should I get to know him?

Ukulelerob
10-08-2010, 01:48 PM

I'm with Colin on this one.

Ukulelerob
10-08-2010, 01:50 PM

One way to make money is to charge the post ho thread people a quarter every time they post. Hughes would pay for them to come a few times over.

OK, I was with you until the quarter thing Rob.

oldrookie
10-09-2010, 12:14 AM

Not sure it is the middle of nowhere. More like on the eastern edge.

bbycrts
10-09-2010, 08:40 PM

HEY! If I had to pay per post I would've been bankrupt about this time last year...

salukulady
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
HEY! If I had to pay per post I would've been bankrupt about this time last year...I still wanna know who this hughes guys is?

bbycrts
10-10-2010, 04:51 AM
I still wanna know who this hughes guys is?

Oh...you know him. You know him well.

Hankthetank
10-10-2010, 06:06 AM
Oh...you know him. You know him well.

Way to highjack a thread and get off topic. What were we talking about? Oh yeah, getting the UU guys to UWC. You need to speak their language. Ryan needs to go because it makes good business sense for him to be there. They get to mingle with their target audience all weekend. The chatter of how awesome you are to meet in person then spreads throughout the uke world and onto other websites. The word of mouth then brings more users to UU. Those users buy more merch from the UU store and sign up for UUU. All that from hanging out at the largest uke gathering that side of the Mississippi.
So Ryan, Aaron, and Aldrine- if you are reading this, make it happen. Your public awaits.

And Matt, whether they show or not, you have no excuse not to come. You are young and haven't lived life till you have experienced UWC. You missed the last two, its time to remedy that. So you need to make it happen too. If you need accommodations, we have a spot in a cabin for all of you.

hoosierhiver
10-10-2010, 06:45 AM
The T-shirt thing is a reality. Check the contest section.

salukulady
10-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Link...http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?36791-UWC-2011-T-shirt-contest

Excellent Mike. You are the host with the most.

austin1
10-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I'll be there, and I am awesome. That's a good enough reason to come if I ever heard one.

:D

But no lie, I am super, super pumped for UWC 2011. Work screwed me out of this past one at the last minute, but it's not happening again!

zackattack1986
10-10-2010, 07:10 PM
So... I just joined UU and just got my first uke yesterday! I have no clue what UWC is... but I know this. I'm in Peoria, IL, but my family is from Indiana. I go horseback riding with my aunt at Brown County State Park all the time! So even if I don't know what it is I'm stoked that it's not too far away from home! Oh and yes I agree those guys should come! That'd be so legit... especially to a newb like me.

Pueo
02-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Dear Aldrine, Aaron and Ryan:

Please come to UWC. I have come to see you in Northern California and Southern California three times. I even flew to Kauai to see Aldrine play at the Waipouli Beach resort in 2009 and the place was SHUT DOWN! I was so very sad. Now I am traveling to Indiana to attend and participate in what I hear is an amazing ukulele experience, and I would never have known about UWC if it were not for UU. So the founders of UU need to see what they have wrought. Plus, you will doubtless enamor many more people once they get a load of you lot in person.
Please come to UWC and hang out with us.

Pete Howlett
02-18-2011, 08:08 AM
just to let ya'll know. I have arranged with Mike to conduct an extreme ukulele build at UWC. I have 2 places left. It's expensive but what you get out of the experience is a solid koa tenor ukulele. The one I build as demonstrator is being donated to the festival. PM me if you need further details or visit the Luthiers Lounge to find my threads there.

bbycrts
02-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Pete - that would be my heart's desire! I'm scraping just to get to Indiana this year, but some day I really hope to get the chance to do a build!

OldePhart
02-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Please come guys! :on_knees:

John

ukeeku
04-20-2011, 01:54 AM
WE need to start this again, anyone with me?

sukie
04-20-2011, 02:40 AM
WE need to start this again, anyone with me?

I'll do my best to help.

ukeeku
04-20-2011, 02:55 AM
I'll do my best to help.

Thank you.
So do we start by e-mailing every 5 minutes? maybe threaten them cooties? Need ideas people!

salukulady
04-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Thank you.
So do we start by e-mailing every 5 minutes? maybe threaten them cooties? Need ideas people!Send them $3000.

CoLmes
04-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Send them $3000.

And that's just for air travel.

austin1
04-20-2011, 07:50 AM
For every member of the UU triumvirate that comes to UWC, God spares the lives of a hundred kittens. That kitten blood is on your heads. Three hundred soft, cuddly, meow friends beg you to attend UWC.

EDIT: And IŽll get started on that fundraising lemonade stand.

sukie
04-20-2011, 09:15 AM
For every member of the UU triumvirate that comes to UWC, God spares the lives of a hundred kittens. That kitten blood is on your heads. Three hundred soft, cuddly, meow friends beg you to attend UWC.

EDIT: And IŽll get started on that fundraising lemonade stand.

That's a lot of little baby kitties that have really soft fur and the cutest little paws you have ever seen. I mean, really...............300? That's a lot of adorable kittens and that's a lot of blood.

Little kitties are soooo cute.

ukeeku
04-20-2011, 12:28 PM
That's a lot of little baby kitties that have really soft fur and the cutest little paws you have ever seen. I mean, really...............300? That's a lot of adorable kittens and that's a lot of blood.

Little kitties are soooo cute.

I guess they hate cats!!!
I think we made them mad and they pulled the site for an hour to show us who is boss, if so, I submit.
:) :) :) :)