Peter moon-what uke

WAG - the headstock looks like a Martin.

VERY nice!! Amazing how much pick action he gets from his thumb, and only supplemental with the first finger. Was wondering about all the tape? Holding the picks on? Wonderful clear action on those high frets. Saved it to my archive for future listening. Thanks for the post. Lozark

I have seen a Martin tenor of his on sale a few years back, and this is an oler video...it could be the same one...MM Stan..
probally the tape was for his mic.....to hold it on...

Ahh, Peter Moon was the man back in the day. Such a unique, distinctive style. Any of the Peter Moon Band CDs from the 80s are worth having.
I've got that instructional video, unfortunately I no longer have a VHS player. Maybe someone will re release in DVD version.

Eh Chuck, check around and maybe somebody can transfer the VHS to DVD. Peter Moon is a great talent and as you mentioned, a unique and distinctive style . . . along with Roland and Robert set in motion the comeback of Hawaiian music with the release of Guava Jam. The Sunday Manoa albums are available as well as a few of the Peter Moon Band discs.

Sunday Manoa
  • 1969 Guava Jam *
  • 1972 Crack Seed *
  • 1973 Sunday Manoa 3
Peter Moon Band
  • 1979 Tropical Storm *
  • 1980 Malie *
  • 1981 Best of the Peter Moon Band
  • 1982 Cane Fire *
  • 1983 Harbor Lights
  • 1988 The Guitar Man
  • 1988 Black Orchid
  • 1989 Full Moon
  • 1990 The Music Makers
  • 1991 Heat Wave
  • 1991 Malie
  • 1992 Midnight Sun
  • 1993 Oasis
  • 1994 Iron Mango
  • 1996 The Path
* Must Listen

Thank you. Yeah it would be great if he releases the instructional dvd.

Top Bottom