Since Everyone Else Was...

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
It was New Uke Day here too!

100_2709.jpg

What have we here?

Well that's just not fair!

It's my new Mainland Mahogany Soprano with Mi-Si pickup!
100_2710.jpg100_2711.jpg100_2717.jpg100_2714.jpg100_2715.jpg

Last edited:
It came about a half hour before we had to leave for a three hour Spanish class, so I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. I charged it up for a few seconds and plugged it into my little practice bass amp (not optimal, I realize!), just to make sure the pickup worked ok. I've played it acoustically a bit since we got home an hour and a half ago. I like it! Mike told me he'd pick out a nice one for me, and I think he did. I went with the gloss finish. I bought my niece a matte finish for her 18th birthday back before I got my pineapple. The matte finish looks nice, but I think the grain really pops with the gloss finish.
Now I have a ukulele that I can take to the local open mic jam. I might actually stand a chance at being heard over the other instruments! Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make it to one until late November when our Spanish class ends, since it's on the same night.

Congrats on your new uke. Enjoy. Post sound sample when you get a chance. Por favor.

That looks lovely i thought it was satin at first. The mi-si sounds very natural I think I'm only using a bass amp also

Aloha Chris,
Not you too!!! Congrats on your new mainlaind soprano....what's going on here...is everybody gone into an ukulele buying frenzy????too bad I'm too broke
at the moment from my last purchase...Must be nice that Mahagony with the rope finish...soo jealous and How's that MiSi ....working out??what a convieniece
of only 60 seconds charging time...must come in handy...Can't wait for your review...Have fun buddy!!!and enjoy....."Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan..

Happy New Uke Day! Isn't it fun?

Nicely done! (Yet again) Very classy looking ukulele. Looking forward to news of open mike awesomeness.

Thanks everyone! I'll try to get a little video put up soon so you can hear it.

Top Bottom