A special THANK YOU to a special UUer!

joeybug

Reaction score
The video says most of what I want to say, but for those who can't watch it for some reason, here why I'm posting it...

As you can see from my signature, I wanted a purple Uke Leash, as made by the lovely Lori. I was approached by Lori last week that someone who wished to remain anonymous had brought one for me, she just needed my size and address, promising me that the address would not be passed on to the anonymous donor in case I was worried about handing out my address to strangers.

The long and short of this is, my Uke Leash arrived today and although I had no new song prepared, I've played a little tune on Lilo with the Uke Leash attached.

Since arriving on UU, I have been shown the way by many many people..I've been given encouragement, praise, advice and friendship. I'm actually close to tears writing this because I am so grateful to all of you for being such nice people.

Thank you all for welcoming me and helping me, and a special thanks goes out to my anonymous donor - you have touched me more than you know!

Joey

I say "Astrid" I meant "Lilo" darn naming confusion!

That is awesome! What a great thing someone did for you! I hope you enjoy it and I can't wait to hear more about how you like it once you have used it for awhile!

Congrats! UUer's are amazing. Enjoy.

Let us know how you like it, and congratulations!

Let us know how you like it, and congratulations!

I love it! Because of my disabilities it's hard for me to hold the Uke in the correct position for too long, which leads to disrupted practise sessions, but with the Leash taking most of the weight, I can pracitse over and over with no problems!

I love it! Because of my disabilities it's hard for me to hold the Uke in the correct position for too long, which leads to disrupted practise sessions, but with the Leash taking most of the weight, I can pracitse over and over with no problems!

Excellent!
And btw, your playing in this video sounds very good. I think you sound much better, more natural and relaxed, using your thumb rather than a pick. Keep working on it and eventually get those fingers in there too!
Chris

Excellent!
And btw, your playing in this video sounds very good. I think you sound much better, more natural and relaxed, using your thumb rather than a pick. Keep working on it and eventually get those fingers in there too!
Chris

Thanks, I shall try, I find it easier to down/up strum with a pick, but I will master it with my fingers one day!

you guys are just awesome. i'm happy to be a part of a community as nice as this.

you guys are just awesome. i'm happy to be a part of a community as nice as this.

I know that feeling well! How are you finding UUU? I'm saving up and hoping to do it in the summer, are you taking 101 or a differnt course? I think I'll take 101 unless I improve drastically between now and then, if I do, then probably 102...

Aloha Joey,
Congrats on receiving your poiple uke leash....that was so a touching video....it made my eyes watery....
Whoever donated it to you, is a really sweet and thoughtful person.....I am very touched by that person's generosity too!!
I can definetly see how it helps you too and I also see that you've improved and you're more relaxed, maybe because of using the leash
and you're using your fingers like the above UU member stated. I know the video was for
the person who donated the leash leash, and show how appriciative you are and love it.. but
I enjoyed your playing too!!! MM Stan...

Aloha Joey,
Congrats on receiving your poiple uke leash....that was so a touching video....it made my eyes watery....
Whoever donated it to you, is a really sweet and thoughtful person.....I am very touched by that person's generosity too!!
I can definetly see how it helps you too and I also see that you've improved and you're more relaxed, maybe because of using the leash
and you're using your fingers like the above UU member stated. I know the video was for
the person who donated the leash leash, and show how appriciative you are and love it.. but
I enjoyed your playing too!!! MM Stan...

Thanks Stan :D

hi Joey

That was one of the nicest videos I've seen. You are a wonderful, sincere and courageous person mate and you've won the hearts of many here it is real obvious. I agree with others who noted the improvement and relaxed manner of your playing, and I just wish you the best of everything. Your contributions are enjoyed by all here and your own encouragment helps us along too. Too me this whole story just shows what good people are capable of. There's so much bad stuff in the world and to see an act of generosity like this is infectious. We all share in your happiness and love of the ukulele to ease burdens and bring people together. I agree with you that UU is a brilliant site full of amazing, caring and sharing people.

Many blessings mate. eugene

hi Joey

That was one of the nicest videos I've seen. You are a wonderful, sincere and courageous person mate and you've won the hearts of many here it is real obvious. I agree with others who noted the improvement and relaxed manner of your playing, and I just wish you the best of everything. Your contributions are enjoyed by all here and your own encouragment helps us along too. Too me this whole story just shows what good people are capable of. There's so much bad stuff in the world and to see an act of generosity like this is infectious. We all share in your happiness and love of the ukulele to ease burdens and bring people together. I agree with you that UU is a brilliant site full of amazing, caring and sharing people.

Many blessings mate. eugene

Thanks, Eugene, I'm really touched by what you've said and I'm just so thankful to have friends like the people here at UU.

I better stop before it gets mushy!

I SO agree with you!! This place is GREAT for the spirit!!

+2. Just wonderful people here. I was thinking last night as I was going to bed, I wonder if I could take off work for a month and drive around the country visiting UU members and playing the uke along with them across the continent!

Glad to see the uke bringing joy to you Joey. Keep it up!

Awesome. I know what ya mean having a hard time holding the uke. I have that problem too. In fact the video I posted on your pain thread looking close you can see me having to reposition in the middle of playing several times.. Kinda anoying really. Awesome to see you found a solution for ya... And people that sees the needs of their fellow humans, and step up to the plate just get what being human is all about..

Last edited:
Joeybug, you deserve it:) Thank you to the generous donor! (Loud Clapping and big smiles)
DAP

I love this place

+2. Just wonderful people here. I was thinking last night as I was going to bed, I wonder if I could take off work for a month and drive around the country visiting UU members and playing the uke along with them across the continent!

Glad to see the uke bringing joy to you Joey. Keep it up!

:agree:

Awesome. I know what ya mean having a hard time holding the uke. I have that problem too. In fact the video I posted on your pain thread looking close you can see me having to reposition in the middle of playing several times.. Kinda anoying really. Awesome to see you found a solution for ya... And people that sees the needs of their fellow humans, and step up to the plate just get what being human is all about..

That is so true, Tudorp, stepping up and fufilling the needs of others should be done more often :D

Joeybug, you deserve it:) Thank you to the generous donor! (Loud Clapping and big smiles)
DAP

Thanks, DAP. I am really indebted to the people here :D

Great video Joey! I just wanted to mention that more than one person want to anonymously send a purple Uke Leash to you! So, you see, this group of people are really, really great.

–Lori

Top Bottom