To improve my playing...

fitncrafty

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just add 14 yr old sons distortion pedal to my ukulele! Then my singing and playing to Sugertime are more in sync? Hilarious but in sync! I love having something my son will bond with me on! :)

Do you think I am on to something? Maybe it is my niche!

Not really... however, I have been really hard on myself especially since my husband made a comment to me like.. "Don't worry that I don't recognize the song you are playing, you still new at it" THANks honey!

How long am I going to be new?
going to go and take blueberry muffins out of the oven and play some uke...

Have a great day everyone!

Pretty soon he'll be requesting songs. Keep practicing singing and playing and the ukulele magic will come. Keep having fun.

Everyone was new to the uke at some point :) even the greats. As long as you're enjoying yourself then don't worry. Experimentation is a great thing. Muffins and uke sound like they go togetherly perfectly. Rzr's right - he'll very soon be requesting songs :)

As a beginner, I found it much easier for my audience to recognize the song if I sing it as I play. :p Not that they're appreciative of my singing, but at least they know what it is! :)

I kept playing my songs to my mum and her looks of amusement slowly turned into looks of impressivement <<< don't know if that is a word lol!

The distortion pedal sounds like fun! Find out some of your son's songs and ask if anyone here can help figure out chords. There may be something you can surprise him with. It's fun to share stuff like that with your kids. You know, I've seen threads discussing cool look'n, rock'n electric ukes...
DAP

Aloha Fitncrafty,
I tried a litle distortion on my amp, it was kinda wild eh....bring on jimmy....Star Spangled Banner....
Speaking of Star Spangled Banner, when I was first learning, I played for my cousin and his wife and their twin 8 year olds..
As I played, they had this puzzled look on their faces of what I was playing, So I asked my cousin and he didn't
reconize the song, but his twins shouted out Star Spangled Banner and my cousin was stunned and said
to them, you know the song???? he he I think young kids are sooo hip on music!!!!
I'd too take some blueberry muffins if you're to shy on the ukulele videos yet.....
I'm sure in no time, they'll be begging mom for some uke jams....hang in there!! MM Stan...

blueberry muffins.jpg

First of you to get to my house gets the muffins! Sad part this is the last of the great blueberries we picked from summer. (they were frozen) and winter hasn't even begun! sigh...

View attachment 16589

First of you to get to my house gets the muffins! Sad part this is the last of the great blueberries we picked from summer. (they were frozen) and winter hasn't even begun! sigh...

Where did that dang Scotty guy from Star Trek go.....he passed away, ohhhh!!! Now how am I supposed to get there?????lol MM Stan....Shucks!!!!

Those muffins look great!

As for "being new" you'll get there, like someone else suggested, it was my singing that told people what I was playing more than my actual playing in the beginning, I'm still very close to the beginning, but I'm getting there, as will you. I have this one song, Stan suggested I learn and it's driving me batty...the girl on YouTube said she brought the uke and learnt it yesterday and she's bloody perfect at it! I can barely get it sounding like an actual song!

We'll get there, we're on this road together!

Top Bottom