Aquila Bionylons... Availability?

70sSanO

Reaction score
A few months ago Ken Middleton posted a Youtube comparing Nylgut to a new Bionylon from Aquila. It was just being tested at the time.

Has anyone heard if the strings are available?

Thanks!

John

I know the frustration! After hearing the difference on Kens' demo, I've been dying to try them on a couple of my gurls! Fiona for one, I bet these open up ALL the nuances of her voice!
:drool::iwant::drool:

mm stan,

There is nothing on the Aquila USA site. I found a description on the European site...

http://www.aquilacorde.com/en/about-us/our-materials.html

...but I can't find Bionylons for sale anywhere.

John
Aloha John,
I just was trying to say politely that I'm not sure they have them here yet...I was looking at their site you listed and you can contact them in the
ask them box...what dealer if any in the USA have them for retail sale as of yet. Good Luck and Let us know if you find out anywhere that has
them available yet and their contacts... Thanks for sharing the previous information.....MM Stan..

I hope they do become available.

I was one of the testers for the Bionylons, and they were very fine indeed on a little Loprinzi mahogany soprano... I tried several brands and types of string on that soprano, but the bionylons were perfect for that uke while other strings did not bring out the best in it. I'd really like to have the bionylon option for ukes that would benefit from a mellower string than I usually use. I've found that I'm not much of Worth Brown fan or Ko'olau gold fan or a D'Addario rectified nylon fan, but I do like the bionylons. I also love the Aquila nylguts for most of my ukes, but not for all ukes...

But that's just me... you mileage will probably vary.

Top Bottom