Another new uke day tread :P

HornedOne

Reaction score
so yeah now uke day!

I finaly got my tenor uke I've been saving up for this one for 2 months now and my mother was so kind to lend me the remaining 200 euros xD mainly so she could get rid of my talking about ukes all the time xD

I got the Kala FMT the flame / spalted maple tenor with the lovely sitka spruce top.

It wasn't one I'd go for based on the pics of it online but when I played it it was love at first strum xD

Well I played one a couple of weeks ago when I was at the uke store checking out tenors (and checking how much I needed to save up xD) and I realy enjoyed the sound.

And then today I played the electric version with the cut away and I realy liked the sound but it was 40 euros more than I had on me so I couldn't buy one. So I asked if they had the normal version of it and she said it sold out yesterday. So I kept checking out other ukes. And then I was just looking around the store and on one of the closets they had a stack of tenor uke cases. And the stickers on the cases said Kala FMT 255€

so I took one of the cases and there it was a kala fmt. and of course I had to check every diffrent uke for the patters and I narrowed it down to two of those ukes. I tuned them up and then strummed and as soon as I strummed the g chord I was sold and already took the money from my wallet :p

I also bought a nice clip on tuner with a metronome and pitch thingy.

pics will be posted tomorrow because my cellphone camera can't capture the beauty of it. :p

Congratulations! There seems to be quite an epidemic going around, doesn't there?

Congrats on your new Uke! Can't wait to see pics and hear how she sounds :D

A Mighty BiG Congrats on the new Kala uke! Enjoy! :)

Aloha HornedOne,
Congrats on your new Kala Flamed Spalted Maple Tenor..... What's going on here.....are the UU members going on
a ukulele buying frenzy...rats I,m so broke from my last purchase.....Well Have fun and Enjoy!!! "Keep strumming them
strings...MM Stan..

Happy New Uke Day! It's always an exciting day.

congrats on the new uke! I am looking forward to seeing how it looks, keep strumming-Chris

Congrats! I too am really sold on the sound of spruce tops, I've loved them for years on guitars but they really give a uke a special sound as well

not only the maple is flamed on this uke

my uke in her full glory :p

a picture of the rosette

the right side of the uke

the back of the uke the flamed and spalted awesomeness :p

left side of the uke

bottom of the uke showing of the non symmetrical bookmatching. it's still a factory instrument eh? :p but thats the charm of this uke :p

and here the uke in her case. I've strapped the case to my bed so when I'm sitting on my desk and strum some chords whenever I want. And chords lead to songs and songs lead to sore fingers and no homework done :p

Oh my, that's a gorgeous instrument! Congratulations!!

I can't wait to hear a video if you'd like to post one :)

I'm planning to record a song with this uke but 'the only mic I have is the one thats built in my laptop. and that won't do the uke justice :p

Congrats! She is a beauty! Can't wait for some videos if you chose to post some so we can hear how she sounds :D

Very nice uke! I love that spalted Maple.
Congrats!!!

Top Bottom