One amazing instrument!

Miss Michele

Reaction score
I know you all understand how amazing the Ukulele is, but I wanted to share my little experience with you all! It may sound a little silly, but I just have to share! :)

I was practicing this morning when reality had hit. I was in mid strum. I held my ukuele in front of my face with awe. I stared at it for a couple minutes. It was then I realized that I was actually playing music with my own two hands! Although its still not that great, that's not the point! I, ME, MISS MICHELE, WAS MAKING MUSIC! LOL

I'm so proud of myself!

I have my ukulele and all of you UU's out there to thank for this inspirational moment!

Isn't it fun? It only gets better!

Pretty cool feeling, eh? Nicely done!
Thanks for the update.

I know you all understand how amazing the Ukulele is, but I wanted to share my little experience with you all! It may sound a little silly, but I just have to share! :)

I was practicing this morning when reality had hit. I was in mid strum. I held my ukuele in front of my face with awe. I stared at it for a couple minutes. It was then I realized that I was actually playing music with my own two hands! Although its still not that great, that's not the point! I, ME, MISS MICHELE, WAS MAKING MUSIC! LOL

I'm so proud of myself!

I have my ukulele and all of you UU's out there to thank for this inspirational moment!

I know this feeling. I have it too. My wife says my playing is much better than before. So, I keep practicing but, its the playing music (which I thought I could never do) that makes it great.

Not silly at all Miss Michelle! That is exactly what brings us all together, that feeling of love and joy in making music. Your post reminds me of the saying on the vintage "Harold Teen" ukulele's. "Music Self Played is Happiness Self Made"!

And that is exactly why I started publishing Ukulele Player Magazine. IT is all about PASSION!

For love of MUSIC. It is the highest form of expression. I play music for the love of playing. I sing for the love of singing. Nothing beats great vocal harmonies and accompaniment of a smooth, soothing sound of soulful ukulele.

Aloha Miss Michele,
Ahhh your first taste of accomplishment!!! in music..it only gets better!!Now you know why all ukulele players are hooked...doesn't it makes you Happy and it's soo fun!!!
"Keep on strumming them strings" enjoy your ukulele journey!!! and we are so proud of you too, thanks for sharing... MM Stan...

yeah, and you can forget that, too, and just be going through the motions. If you have done a lot of music, including editing, arranging, writing, and practicing for chops, it can become "just work". Run through your tunes like brushing your teeth. Actually the uke saved me from that in some ways, I thought it was just going to be a handy strumming tool but it has turned out to be a whole new world.

Thanks for sharing that moment.
Playing your own music is one of the best kept secrets in the world. Just about everyone loves to listen to music, but the majority of people, for some reason, think that making music is this big difficult thing that they can't possibly do. Yes, truly mastering any instrument takes a lot of time and work, but just about anyone can experience the joy and satisfaction of at least the basics of playing an instrument. Some of the most moving musicians are not the ones who dazzle the listener with amazing technical skills, but who play simply and with a true feeling for the instrument and the music.

Yay! I'm so pleased for you :D

Thanks for sharing this :D

Yeah...what everybody says:)

That's awesome!!!! And yes you will only get better and since you have that taste of playing music, your passion will keep you playing more and more!!!

Congrats!!

Excellent i don't think I could live without music it's such a big part of my life. Imagine when you feel confident enough to play in front of others and hopefully they too will have that moment and what to learn the uke also!

Miss Michele,

Thank you for expressing so nicely a feeling I am sure many if us have felt. I have always love music but have never played and this was always a big regret of mine. So when I turned 50, I decided, hey why not. What's keeping me from making that which I love so much. So I bought my first ukulele and have never looked back. I don't have to play for others to enjoy the ability to take those feelings deep within and express them though my hands and ukulele. What fun!

After many years as a guitarist / bassist and now months as a ukist - it's those little moments, just as you described, that matter the most.

The ukulele is especially amazing! To be able to play chords, and melody (or sing along) in such a compact package is truly magical.
–Lori

Thanks for sharing that moment.
Playing your own music is one of the best kept secrets in the world. Just about everyone loves to listen to music, but the majority of people, for some reason, think that making music is this big difficult thing that they can't possibly do. Yes, truly mastering any instrument takes a lot of time and work, but just about anyone can experience the joy and satisfaction of at least the basics of playing an instrument. Some of the most moving musicians are not the ones who dazzle the listener with amazing technical skills, but who play simply and with a true feeling for the instrument and the music.

Awesome Michele!

:agree: Paul said it better than I could have.

I just think that, like the best of marriages, the ukulele is just as easy to stay in love with as it is to fall in love with. I'm obsessed, besotted, head over heels!

Your post reminds me again of that lovely Harold Teen comic uke from the 30's with the famous caption: "Music self-played is happiness self-made." So true. Thanks for sharing mate

Top Bottom