Ryan's Guitar(s)?

tozan

Reaction score
I got to see Ryan and Aldrine play at the So Cal Ukulele Festival in Cerritos. I think there was something posted a while back (over a year ago) but I can't seem to find what guitar(s) Ryan plays. All I could see was that it was black.

Ryan didn't bring a guitar up. He borrowed guitars from people when he played on this trip. The last two trips up here his guitars got damaged. Possible humidity issues.

Here is a list of guitars that he used for this years tour:

Mike DaSilva's - He used Monique's Ibanez. Very nice guitar with an awesome grain pattern. I think it's mango (dunno hahaha)

Pacific arts and dance - He used NukeDoc's Yamaha acoustic/electric guitar. The intonation was a little bit off on that guitar though.

Islands sushi - He used the same guitar as the one from Pacific arts.

DiPiazza's - He used Monique's guitar for this show once again.

SoCal uke fest - He used Charlie Keaha's Martin thinline guitar. I remember RYan saying it was the best guitar of the tour because of the way it was set up. He used the same kind of strings that Ryan was used to which helped out a lot (Mediums)

Notable Ryan Guitars (that he owns)

Takamine supernaturals series - First K-Town Heroes guitar that he used (it's in the earlier videos) Used to have a sticker saying "Spunge" but now only says "pu" Retired.

Taylor 300 series - During the first tour (2008) the electronics started acting up on it.

Boulder Creek Solitaire series - Semi-sponsor. Back split in two during 2009 tour.

Cort Classical acoustic/electric - He has it but never uses it.

Oh man. I had no idea that the Boulder Creek split on the 09 tour. That must have been a nightmare.

But cool list, great to see what Ryan was using.

Boulder Creek Solitaire series - Semi-sponsor. Back split in two during 2009 tour.

I remember the stress this created for Ryan. Ryan's the perfect rythm guitarist, as he has no ego and only concentrates and plays perfect backing rythm tracks on his guitar. There are not many guitarists with Ryan's discipline. Ric

Top Bottom