had my first peel!

salukulady

Reaction score
Okay, been playing 6 months and the tips of my left hand just peeled, does this mean I'm not a newbie anymore? Any tips on avoiding this or celebrating this milestone? Or am I just weird thinking this is something special.........

I guess I'm not playing as much as you to have that happen.

They're going to peel??? No one warned me about that!

I suppose if I had any peeling related issues, I would try to exfoliate, although I don't know if you want to try to get rid of any callouses that you've worked so hard to develop on your fingers. But baking soda or plain white sugar are decent exfoliators that you probably have lying around. And get a good handcream.

Yeah, I think it must be some sort of milestone! So congratulations!

NO this is very good.

it means the older, weaker skin is falling away to hard packed skin!

keep it. do not pick off the hard skin. one it will hurt if you peal it off. and when you have the hard fingers it makes the sound of the uke sound SO much crisper.

you will love this dont worry.

and its only the very tip of your fingers that will get hard dont worry ladies.

:D

Okay, been playing 6 months and the tips of my left hand just peeled, does this mean I'm not a newbie anymore? Any tips on avoiding this or celebrating this milestone? Or am I just weird thinking this is something special.........

happened to me and it killed like hell because it ripped off like 10 layers :D but i kept going, mind over matter :) you won't get it again... well u shudnt

happened to me and it killed like hell because it ripped off like 10 layers :D but i kept going, mind over matter :) you won't get it again... well u shudnt
No not painful at all, just lost a couple layers. Still have great calluses I'm awfully proud of......

Yeah, I can't believe you managed the pinkie either! I only have slight callouses on my pointer and middle finger. Doesn't it make it hard to type after a while? I'm beginning to notice the tips of my fingers being a lot less sensitive.

I remember reading somewhere that Eric Clapton used rubbing alcohol to hasten the forming of callused skin by moistening his finger tips with it frequently while playing. Also read that avoiding prolonged exposure to water while bathing would help keep calluses intact. I don't know, maybe I read too much, haha, besides....guitarists don't bathe do they? :D

Also read that avoiding prolonged exposure to water while bathing would help keep calluses intact. I don't know, maybe I read too much, haha, besides....guitarists don't bathe do they? :D

no thats right, since its summer watch out for pools/ocean.if you do happen to go in to a pool, dont play with/irritate the skin or else the callus might come off.

Top Bottom