UAS Symptom?

allanr

Reaction score
OK...So I bought a new uke that was advertised on Fleamarket music, and added it to my UU signature. But the signature was getting really long (12 ukes long in fact). So, to make my signature look a bit less like someone with a certifiable case of UAS I "got rid of" of three ukes. The two I bought for my wife, yes she does play them, and the unplayable 15 inch Hawaiian souvenir uke. Presto! Now I only have 9 ukes!

Is that cheating? Does it make me a bad person?

OK...So I bought a new uke that was advertised on Fleamarket music, and added it to my UU signature. But the signature was getting really long (12 ukes long in fact). So, to make my signature look a bit less like someone with a certifiable case of UAS I "got rid of" of three ukes. The two I bought for my wife, yes she does play them, and the unplayable 15 inch Hawaiian souvenir uke. Presto! Now I only have 9 ukes!

Nope, not cheating, or bad. You listed your ukuleles, not your wives, right? and a souvinier unplayable ukuele is not a 'real' musical instrument, right? So in MHO you are totally legal. So are their UAS police lurking?

Aloha Allenr,
When I said that, I really knew I was in denial...... lol
MM Stan..

I can only say....

two columns.

:)

I don't list my ukes in my signature. Be changing it too often and it could get long now and then as I fret over what to keep and what to sell... I would prefer to just say something like " ukes: one of the above."

Now you can get some more ukes with the added space!!!!!

Only nine Ukes!!
I'd say you should be ok............but with only two Ukes ( so far....lol ) I've got UAS baaaaaadddddd! I find myself scouring the local craigslist etc. looking for 'uke gems'.

Curious as to which Northern JCD you have? I picked up a great little JCD-4 not too long ago, but cant find any info on this particular model.

robbie

I've got one and another on the way. Seems pathetic. But it did make me find something else for my signature, which turned out to be educational and uplifting all at once.

It's comforting to know that I am not suffering alone in my "illness". Is UAS a compensable disability?

Bobby B, my Northern JCD is a model 1 (JCD-1). It was a gift from my in-laws. What are the main differences between the models? Size?

BTW for another few days I can pretend that I am down to only 8 ukes, since the Kimo Jones is in transit somewhere between Texas and Toronto.

It's comforting to know that I am not suffering alone in my "illness". Is UAS a compensable disability?

Bobby B, my Northern JCD is a model 1 (JCD-1). It was a gift from my in-laws. What are the main differences between the models? Size?

BTW for another few days I can pretend that I am down to only 8 ukes, since the Kimo Jones is in transit somewhere between Texas and Toronto.

AFAIK, there was 5 models JCD-1 to JCD-5. I have seen quite a few JCD-1 and 2's on ebay etc and heard of a JCD-3 and 5, both soprano and concert (havent seen any tenors ). I have a JCD-4 with solid spruce top, rosewood sides and back. I'd like to find out how many of these things are out there, but good luck with that! Probably lots of the JCD-1 and 2 as they were the entry level ukes. The JCD-5 must be quite nice based on the 'niceness' of the JCD-4 ;)

Here is a link to some pics.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...thern-Ukulele-Model-JCD-4&p=466233#post466233

And now the signature ist is down to eight. Apparently UAS is extremely contagious. My wife has "adopted" the Mainland concert uke into her collection! (KALA thinline soprano, Oscar Schmidt spalted mango concert w/low G, and now the Mainland).

Oh well... maybe now she will be more forgiving when the Kimo Jones shows up from the post office!

Top Bottom