UWC 2011 T-shirt contest

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Alrighty gang, here we go.
As suggested on another thread I'm announcing the 2011 UWC T-shirt contest.

Here's the link. http://ukeeku.com/about/ukulele-world-congress-2011-t-shirt-contest/

Artwork must be print ready.

Color and black/white entries will be considered. Artists should consider limiting the number of colors as that makes the shirts more expensive.

Deadline January 1st

Winner gets: 1) free entry into the UWC for himself and friends.
2) A chance to play on stage in front of 100's of ukulele players at the greatest ukulele party in the world.
3) A couple of free T-shirts.
4) Fame and prestige.

Profits from T-shirt sales will go towards bringing the UU staff to the UWC in 2011.

I'm going to let Ukeeku decide how the winner is decided, since this was his idea.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun. What needs to be on the shirt? UWC 2011? Ukulele World Congress 2011? Dates? Location? Front only design, or front and back?
–Lori

I'm not the designer, but I think it would make an AWESOME T-shirt (or case sticker). It was from a thread a while back about ukulele flags, and I saved it to my desktop.
skulluke2.jpg

I just looked it up. It was originally posted by smithpaul60, to give credit where credit is due. He had 2 versions. In the other, the ukes are more behind the skull.

Last edited:
Sorry it took me so long to respond to this, but here is the deal:
I will post the official t-shirt contest site after Ukin in the woods. But the idea will be for people to submit ideas to me by e-mail and I will post them on the contest site, then after January 1, 2011 we (we = Mike, others, and I) will decide on the top 5 or so and yall will vote.
People will be able to submit as many as they want.
Please hang tight and I will post here, there, and everywhere when it starts and when official rules are posted.
If you have a design that you want to send now that is cool. I can open any type of media (jpg, gif, tiff, psd, ai, eps...)
tim@ukeeku.com

What is UWC?

It is a big get together in Nashville IN area hosted by Mainland Ukes (Hoosierhiver Mike). I think this will be the 3rd annual in 2011. Do a search in youtube and on the web for "Ukulele world congress" and you will see what I mean. A lot of UU posters make the trip.

I think this is a very fun idea for a contest, but I just want to say a massive THANK YOU to Lisa, who designed the t-shirts the last two years. Thanks, Lisa! You're awesome sauce. :)

Well, I think some of that sauce spilled over onto you, because you are pretty awesome yourself, Zoe :D.

I hope Lisa submits a few this year. Between UWC and Ukin in the woods, those are awesome.
BTW, the first design has been submitted and is up on the contest site

Just thought I would Bump this up.
I know there are atists out there (Lisa and Mike to name two) Even if you can't come, submit a design. I will send you a shirt and make sure that there are pics with people in your shirt.
I have one design and we need them before January 1, that is 2 months away!!
Show me what you got, your name will not be on it while it is up on the site. So go crazy peeps.

8x10 only makes sense in a paper media world. :p Can you give us a pixel resolution that you're after?

Sorry, I live in a vector world (I use illustrator mostly)
Pretty much 2550 X 3300 (8.5" X 11" at 300 DPI)

Most any size is workable. I can fix it or redraw it to make it work if it is the winning design.
Thank you for asking questions. I hope to see some awesome designs soon.

OK peeps. I love you all but you are killing me! :)
I am hoping that I can drum up some designs from yall with this little bump. there is still only one design submitted.
ANY design is welcome, in any format. I can clean it up or redraw it if needed.
I know we have some artist out there.
The contest ends January 1, 2011 so get them in soon.

Top Bottom