Choppy videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the fastest way for us to see how many people are experiencing problems with our video players. We're trying to fix it for everyone. The more info you can provide the better it would be for us.

Thanks.

-Rayan

the videos on the front page are choppy for me, the mogulus ones but only them

it has been working perfectly, but all of a sudden.. none of the vids are working on my computer at the moment. :S

[edit]
it just needed to load.. computers been on for a few days straight now.. its all good

aroha

Last edited:
This is probably the fastest way for us to see how many people are experiencing problems with our video players. We're trying to fix it for everyone. The more info you can provide the better it would be for us.

Thanks.

-Rayan

I am having pretty big problems watching the videos on the frontpage. It could be my computer being 4 years old and kind of slow though... 1ghz/768mb ram/ mac Al powerbook. Thing is, other video sites seem to do ok.. youtube being the smoothest. I am running Safari in Mac OSX to browse UU. What I've been doing though is downloading the actual video file which is .flv then converting it to .avi and watching it in quicktime. takes a bit of work but I can still watch the uke vids this way.

I am having pretty big problems watching the videos on the frontpage. It could be my computer being 4 years old and kind of slow though... 1ghz/768mb ram/ mac Al powerbook. Thing is, other video sites seem to do ok.. youtube being the smoothest. I am running Safari in Mac OSX to browse UU. What I've been doing though is downloading the actual video file which is .flv then converting it to .avi and watching it in quicktime. takes a bit of work but I can still watch the uke vids this way.

Ah sorry about that man. We're still trying to get the video compression right. You're not the only one with problems playing our vids. We think we're getting closer though.

Try and check out the contest video and the new lesson thats coming out next week and see if those are any better.

Ah sorry about that man. We're still trying to get the video compression right. You're not the only one with problems playing our vids. We think we're getting closer though.

Try and check out the contest video and the new lesson thats coming out next week and see if those are any better.

Alright thanks rayan. I'll try em out. Those are HUGE video files by the way. like over 100 mb for the live performance. The quality is really good though so I guess it would be worth it.

The video player is sometimes a bit slow to load, but a simple refresh fixes it. I like the quality and the tags on the new video player, so I'm pretty happy with it overall. Plus, the content is great, so whats a bit of lag? Definitly not a deterrant.

The videos are way better than they were before. Did you use better compression or change the settings somehow? Whatever you did, it worked for me!

The videos are way better than they were before. Did you use better compression or change the settings somehow? Whatever you did, it worked for me!

In the beginning we were trying to figure out how to give the best quality videos. We tried at first to upload massive files that were over 100mb large. Well Viddler took them and for people with extreme gaming rigs, they played great but for most of us, they were laggy and choppy and looked horrible. Thanks to a lot of help from E-lo, we were able to figure out that bigger is not always better and have since changed our export settings to create smaller but still clear videos that aren't choppy.

For the most part, works great. Sometimes the ads tend to interfere with my processing thingamagig. When that happens I have to close my zapper-portal and reconglomorate my storage configuratorials. But all seriousness aside, no problems.

Sometimes it's choppy when I skip a big chunk of the video, (like skipping the entire video to watch outtakes) but it always goes back to normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom