Broken wrist = Broken Waltz

ukejon

Reaction score
Two weeks ago, I broke my left wrist playing tennis. Ended up with surgery to put in a plate and nine screws.:mad:

On the plus side, I began to work on my right hand triplet strum and came up with this new tune. :D

Last edited:
Aloha Jon,
That was really nice, thanks for sharing....by watching your video you're playing right handed, but your left wrist is broken from tennis, so I assume you're left handed playing right handed.
am I correct? I Was wondering how you were going to do a triplet strum with a broken wrist. Are you the guy with the "Koa Works" ukulele???? Thanks for sharing, MM Stan..
Have you tried dropping a step or two on your Koa Works?????

mmstan

I play tennis right handed. Fell backwards onto my racket hand. And yes I own two Koa Works tenors. Both are tuned re-entrant and I haven't tried dropping a step or two. Have you tried that?

Jon

Excellent use of your effects or sustain. I'll bet the experience of adapting to your cast will make you a better player.

I had the opposite matched set last summer - not as challenging to play when it's the right hand in the cast!
Similar surgery - plate, 9 pins. You'll be fine before you know it.
augo909s-1.jpg

Aloha Jon,
Yes in have, if you're intrested I can PM you some tunings....the lower tuning makes it sound like a guitar and the step like a ukulele ..very intresting how playing with
the tuning can really show the range with rich's works of art...Quite a variable range...MM Stan...
BTW. ..I gave these tunings to a couple Koa works owners...

I can't really see the cast in the video. How were you able to fret the chords? Did you have good use of your fingers? I had a plate with screws put in my left forearm last week and I'm having trouble even moving mine. Maybe after I get it casted next week it'll be easier. My right arm's fine but strumming C6 and plucking the strings is getting old. I've been watching Jim Deville's Playing by Ear Dvds so I'm ready to play again. It's been almost 3 wks!

Wow- that is one heck of an injury for tennis innit? Said it last time you posted- you are an amazing player. More amazing than I will ever be, even with a broken wrist. kind of ticks me off, kind of inspires me ;)

Thanks for the kind words. Its been a year and all has healed nicely. Sure don't want to do that injury again!

Top Bottom