PDA

View Full Version : San Jose (CA) Ukulele Club

Gillian
10-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Our new club is having its fourth meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 12 at the New Almaden Community Club, 21727 Bertram Road. As of the last meeting, we had 25 members. Presently, we hold the meeting twice a month on the second and fourth Tuesdays.

All skill levels are welcome. We hold a 1/2 hour session for beginners at 6:30 p.m., with the meeting from 7 to 8:30 - 9. Song sheets with chord diagrams are provided, ranging from easy to more challenging. Any uke news is announced. Professional players are invited to perform and bring their CDs for sale. Uke teachers can perform and leave materials about their classes. No dues, but donations are appreciated.

Bring your uke and something to drink. Directions: take Almaden Expressway south to Almaden Road, turn left on Almaden Way, then left on Bertram. The Club is on the left, just past the La Foret Restaurant.

I'm still working on the website, but our email address is sanjoseukeclub@gmail.com if you want more information.

Gillian

dbcali
10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
this sounds like fun...i will have to check it out some time...i actually work right off of bailey ave. so it's fairly close...

Gillian
10-21-2010, 11:05 AM
I now have our rudimentary website uploaded.

www.sanjoseukeclub.org

Gillian
01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
An unabashed bump...

After the holidays,we are now back to the twice a month schedule; every second Tuesday. We now have 30 members.

January's meeting themes will be "Keys to Success",(how to change keys to make songs easier to play and sing along to), and "One (maybe two) Hit Wonders".

If you live in the South Bay, come join us!

TsouL
01-08-2011, 07:14 PM
BUMP!!! ill try to make it. i work nights so yea

SuzukHammer
01-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I'll be in the area. I'm gonna stop by.

The uke will take me places.