PDA

View Full Version : Uketoberfest Uke Jam Next Saturday!!!

Ukuleleblues
10-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Only 5 Days to the Uketoberfest at Lake Greenwood, SC on Saturday October 16th at shelter S-003. The weather is going to be great! Zero chance of precipitation and the temps look perfect!

Friday 77 45
Saturday 75 44
Sunday 76 48

You can reserve campsites http://southcarolinaparks.reserveamerica.com/

Check out the particulars at our web site: http://www.charlestonhotshots.com/uketoberfest

Bring your uke, a picnic lunch and come out to have some fun.

If anyone wants to get together and play Friday night we are at campsite 107.on Loop 2.

Mim
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
If I can get a worker I will be there :)

Uke Republic
10-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Looks like fun!

darkwater
10-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks to the Charleston Hotshots and the Yesterukes for another Saturday of fun. I counted players from Georgia and both Carolinas. Wanna know how many ukes can fit into a minivan? Ask Mim.

Mim
10-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks to the Charleston Hotshots and the Yesterukes for another Saturday of fun. I counted players from Georgia and both Carolinas. Wanna know how many ukes can fit into a minivan? Ask Mim.

I should have counted. I just kept putting them in, but then it was not until I unloaded them that it felt like a clown car!!!

I had SOOOO much fun! Sorry for the Eminem and Lady Gaga... I should have made the trip to my van for more less-random songs, but I did not want to miss the performances! I loved meeting my fellow UUers, haolejohn, deech, darkwater, and seeing scarecrow again! I could have stayed ALL DAY! I hated I had to leave! Such a good time! And if you want to see a great uke collection, see darkwater!!! I have quantity, he has quality!!!

The Yesterukers and the Charleston HotShots have a great uke groups too! If you are ever in the area and they are performing, check them out!!!

(please ignore any spelling errors in this post... I am pooped... too much ukein')

DeG
10-16-2010, 05:08 PM
I loved meeting my fellow UUers, haolejohn, deech, darkwater, and seeing scarecrow again!

DEG, not Deech...LOL :)

(please ignore any spelling errors in this post... I am pooped... too much ukein')

Oops, sorry... :-P

Mim
10-19-2010, 02:24 PM
you guys completely screwed me up with that... I have been calling him the wrong screen name the whole time then.... ha... ok... I will say Chris...that is easier! Since I do not know what people look like it is an honest mistake... and a typical "me" mistake! I was running of 4 hours of sleep that day!

DeG
10-19-2010, 02:36 PM
No problem, I don't mind being mistaken for Deach, actually it's a compliment. Now, if you had called me RussBuss...them's fighting words! :p :rotfl:

haolejohn
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
No problem, I don't mind being mistaken for Deach, actually it's a compliment. Now, if you had called me RussBuss...them's fighting words! :p :rotfl:

or even worse haolejohn:)

Ukuleleblues
10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Here is the link to the Videos, pics and Mp3s. I still have a lot to add and won't be done by the weekend. So if your video is not there just wait a little bit. I'll post you all when I am 100% done.

http://www.charlestonhotshots.com/uketoberfest-pics

If you have any pics you want to share (we only have 3 of the hot shots:( ) send them to me and I will add to the pic album. ukuleleblues@charlestonhotshots.com

It was alot of fun and nice seeing both new and old friends.