Ko'olau's 2011 Pono models

Uke Republic

Reaction score
3 new Pono models should premier at the Winter NAMM show 2011. A less adorned mahogany model for those who want a great quality Pono at a value price this one will not come standard with a Ko'olau case. The mahogany may be available in gloss or satin.A Bamboo model with ebony fingerboard and possibly a spruce top model.Bamboo is a great choice as a sustainable material for ukuleles. Also a all Rosewood body model with solid rosewood top back and sides, the sound with the rosewood top reminds me of a dark toned koa. Sizes will include soprano, concert and tenor.
So if all goes well we expect to have them in early 2011.

Anywhere we can see some pics and prices.
Bamboo & ebony sounds pretty neat,to me.
Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers.

I have played Ponos at Elderly Instruments and they are so wonderful. Wonder what these will look and sound like? Mike

I'll do my best to get pics of the proto types but when they are this early into it they may make changes here and there. I'm supposed to have the long awaited Paulele bamboo sopranos in by months end they are soprano styles for now.
As far as sound goes John Kitakis says it's all great Pono quality in sound and build just less adorned to cut cost for the consumer. The Bamboo though will have some bling! The Rosewood really surprises you with it's voice and rosewood is so beautiful.

Top Bottom