Comic-Con Story

stopher87

Reaction score
So I went to Comic-Con this weekend, which was awesome, and thanks to my bro I got the chance to meet Stan Lee. The thing was that I did not have any of my comics with me to get signed. What did I have with me? My ukulele! So now I have a soprano ukulele signed by no other then Stan "the Man" Lee. Best Comic-Con ever.

I don't know, but when he saw it it put a big smile on his face and he chuckled a little.

That's awesome.

Oh, I almost forgot. Pics or it didn't happen! :D

I'm sad I missed it this year! I'll just pretend it was my ukulele...

I assume y'all are talking about the New York Comic Con.

I actually wanted to set-up a ukulele booth at comic-con ,but they said it wasn't comic-y enough.

I'm a comic book / webcomic writer, which means I have a booth at San Diego Comic Con every year. I hang out in my booth playing my ukulele all day long. So I guess the trick is to have comics too?

Anyway, what would you have at your ukulele booth? Maybe I can swing you some space in mine if you ever want to come to the San Diego show.

That is excellent. Excelsior! :)

I'm not into comics, but even I know that Stan Lee is a legend. I can just picture him chuckling at your uke.

Very cool story. I wanna see a pic, too, please.

The Unstoppable Uke-Force!
Peg-head! Super Concert! The Fretboarder! The Human Pick!

And introducing....Ben Julele!

In this issue! One of the Uke-Force cracks!
Not a dream! Not an imaginary story!

Excelsior!

Chap.. I think you need to write a uke comic!! Someone writes one for knitting fanatics.. so why not. Maybe I will see if my 8 yr old wants to be one of these guys for Halloween!

I assume y'all are talking about the New York Comic Con.

I'm a comic book / webcomic writer, which means I have a booth at San Diego Comic Con every year. I hang out in my booth playing my ukulele all day long. So I guess the trick is to have comics too?

Anyway, what would you have at your ukulele booth? Maybe I can swing you some space in mine if you ever want to come to the San Diego show.

Wow, thanks for the offer. I was thinking of maybe having a small rack with a dozen ukes. I can play a mean Spiderman theme too.

Wow, thanks for the offer. I was thinking of maybe having a small rack with a dozen ukes. I can play a mean Spiderman theme too.

Spiderman on a uke... it would fly out the door at Comic-con! The trick is to get the licensing. The San Diego show is way too overcrowded. How is the New York show?
–Lori

Anytime I think of Stan Lee, I think about that segment in the movie "Mallrats". I still laugh...

Good story and congrats on the signature

Top Bottom