PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Lessons over Skype?

t.t.timmay
10-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone. I was thinking about trying to find a uke teacher over Skype. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Is Skype reliable enough to have a solid lesson over? Are there any Skype teachers you recommend? Thanks a lot for your help!

Lexxy
10-11-2010, 06:06 PM
There is, thejumpingflea. He's a really really extraordinary player. Check out his website.

www.thejumpingflea.net

thejumpingflea
10-11-2010, 06:38 PM
There is, thejumpingflea. He's a really really extraordinary player. Check out his website.

www.thejumpingflea.net

Hey thanks for the plug Lexxy!

Yep, I do teach online and have a couple of slots still open for weekly lessons.

Lexxy
10-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Yep, I do teach online and have a couple of slots still open for weekly lessons.

No worries Matt! Still waiting for your review on the MyaMoe :)

thejumpingflea
10-11-2010, 07:53 PM
No worries Matt! Still waiting for your review on the MyaMoe :)

Yeah I know right? Man, I am taking too long for it.

I guess I am too busy playing it! ;)

joeybug
10-11-2010, 10:14 PM

How much are the lessons? What slots do you have avaliable?

sukie
10-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Skype works really well for lessons. I haven't had any problems with it -- except one day the video and audio weren't exactly working together very well, but it got fixed. Go for it.

mitchchang
10-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Hi there! I do Skype lessons as well. Here's a link to my Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/tafkam1) so you can check out my vids to get an idea of my "style". I do Skype lessons a handful of times a week but I do have one student where his connection is a little spotty so it depends...

joeybug
10-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi there! I do Skype lessons as well. Here's a link to my Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/tafkam1) so you can check out my vids to get an idea of my "style". I do Skype lessons a handful of times a week but I do have one student where his connection is a little spotty so it depends...

How much do you charge for lessons?

mitchchang
10-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Joeybug, I charge $50/half hour, $75/hour. Usually the person tells me what they want to go over in the lesson and I prepare something in advance to maximize the time

joeybug
10-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Joeybug, I charge $50/half hour, $75/hour. Usually the person tells me what they want to go over in the lesson and I prepare something in advance to maximize the time

Thanks for the info :D

thejumpingflea
10-12-2010, 09:24 AM
How much do you charge for lessons?

All the information is on my website.

www.thejumpingflea.com

Thanks for your interest!

sukie
10-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Nice website, Matt.

joeybug
10-12-2010, 10:09 AM
All the information is on my website.

www.thejumpingflea.com

Thanks for your interest!

Thanks for the info, may see about taking a few lessons from you...if that's okay?

thejumpingflea
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Nice website, Matt.

Thanks Sukie. Nice uke!! Welcome to the Moore Bettah Uke family.

Thanks for the info, may see about taking a few lessons from you...if that's okay?

Shoot me an email. thejumpingflea AT me DOT com

joeybug
10-12-2010, 11:52 AM

Done and done, will wait to hear back from you :D

joeybug
10-12-2010, 12:02 PM

Done and done, will wait to hear back from you :D