Workshop Walkthrough II

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
It's nearly finished with the machine and assembly area fully functional. This movie was taken at night but you can see the 8ft tall windows that flood the room with light even on a grey day...

Aloha Pete,
Thanks for sharing, I think it's an awesome workshop....one would absoulutely die for....MM Stan..

Very nice Pete. It already looks like you've been there for years. Is it correct that you share space in a large building with other tenants? If so, how do the neighbors handle the noise you make? All of my shops have had to be in the far corners of the earth in order to avoid the wrath of neighbors.

The walls are thick and the silversmith below makes enough noise. I also plan my machining for when they are not around. The tenants on the same floor as me are only there for a few days of the week. No complaints yet - and I mean yet...

Or cook them lunch! The building has a nice kitchen and partial disabled access! I'm sure I'll do fine there. The silversmith below has a guitar she wants repairing :)

Another way to work it out: You plug a strat into a 200W Marschall (tube) and a bass into a 250W Hartke and start jamming it up big time. Add a drum and a vocal and you can't even hear the little drill or saw in the background. No complaints from our neighbors, except when the baby needs to sleep...... Then you gotta go unplugged :music:

EDIT: No need to turn the amps up much - they'll shake the walls just fine at 30% volume :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the tour Pete. The place looks great. I love the layout and simple efficiency of the place. Are you using a wall shelf as a go-bar deck on the right (wall) side of your bench? I have a small surface under a shelf and I'm thinking about something similar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom