Capel Salem Extreme Build Video

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Here is part 1 of the first EB course at Capel Salem. The students were a great bunch and made such lovely looking and sounding instruments. Here is what they said:

Graham:
It's been a long time since the days flew past so quickly because of sheer intensity of concentration. The time spent with you and (the) boys was just so enjoyable

Martin:
The 3 of us I believe, achieved almost the unachievable in 2 days ... but without your skills, preparation, and good humoured encourage(ment) the results would have been much less satisfying.

Kim:
I've shown photos of my new instrument to my friends who recognised my enthusiasm and this evening took it round to my parents who were very impressed. I can't tell you how important that was for me.

They were a great trio, good humoured and very 'teachable'. I am starting a group on facebook for extreme build heroes...

You know Pete, I find teaching classes at my shop is the most rewarding part of the craft. It can be a bit of a lonely business building all on your own, but having a group of enthusiastic people come into my space and sharing the surprise and awe of their first instrument coming to life really does it for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom