KoAloha Strings vs Worth Clears?

iDavid

Reaction score
I spoke with the guys at KoAloha and they put their own strings on their ukes, bu they don't sell those strings.... bummer

I've played worth clears on a Mainland tenor, but that's my only experience with worth clears.

How do the Worth clears compare to the KoAloha's??????

I am totally paranoid about taking the stock strings off my KoAloha concert.

You can buy Ko'Aloha strings - I have a pack on the shelf next to me and a set on my Flea - they are called Ko'Aloha Golds

Paul, I believe you have the brands mixed . . . It's Ko'olau Golds, not KoAloha. KoAloha currently endorses Worth and are supposedly developing or coming out with their own brand of flouro-carbon strings.

KTW3.jpg

I spoke with the guys at KoAloha and they put their own strings on their ukes, bu they don't sell those strings.... bummer

I've played worth clears on a Mainland tenor, but that's my only experience with worth clears.

Dave, Unless I am wrong, KoAloha strings and worth clears are really the same thing? I took my KoAloha strings off my concert and put Worth Browns on there. I love it. I still have KoAloha strings on my wife's long neck but I swapped the sceptre's strings out for some freemont blacklines.

Dave, Unless I am wrong, KoAloha strings and worth clears are really the same thing? I took my KoAloha strings off my concert and put Worth Browns on there. I love it. I still have KoAloha strings on my wife's long neck but I swapped the sceptre's strings out for some freemont blacklines.

I got the info straight from KoAloha, but if you can't hear the difference then I'm good.

I like the Worth Browns also, but did not like the feel of Fremont's at all.

I'm pretty certain KoAloha strings are worth clears.... 99.9% certain anyway (but 99.9% sure can still get you pregnant =P )

dunno, maybe they misunderstood or something... but as you maybe aware on the Worth packets it says 'Endorsed by Koaloha Ukulele', which would suggest to me they use worths.

I own a Koaloha and have bought Worth clears and they seem the same to me.

... oh yeah baby is on the way =D

I'm glad this topic came up. I've been putting off changing my Koalohas. Thanks David

So, here is my summary.

They are different, but are similar enough that it doesn't matter....

Now, is this true for the different gauge strings?

they do it so when a string finally breaks you have to order a new Koaloha.

I have tried both and while I would love and hope to own one of their ukuleles, I have to say I prefer playing Worth or Savarez Alliance.

I got the info straight from KoAloha, but if you can't hear the difference then I'm good.

I like the Worth Browns also, but did not like the feel of Fremont's at all.

I couldn't tell a difference betweent the worth clears or koaloha strings. The only difference i noticed was the fact that it was a different uke. Fremont verdict is as of yet undecided. I haven't gotten them to fully stretch yet. It has given the sceptre more volume (as if that was needed) but I think that is just b/c they are new strings.

why would they tell me otherwise.... I think you maybe having a baby soon ;)

i was told by Brian while at the factory that the Koaloha strings are worths made specifically to koaloha's standards. they are made at same factory just koaloha. Basically without telling me they were same strings, he told me they were the same strings. kinda like chevy and gmc.

Top Bottom