fake plastic trees on mainland with misi pickup test

raecarter

Reaction score
nice vid dude!

Did you fit the misi yourself, or order the uke with one fitted?

Really nice vocals. Jeez! I wish I could sing.

Thanks bobj i'd like lessons to learn how to sing properly but I think practice definitely improves your voice! Paul I just checked your website I love it i bookmarked it!

Aloha Raecarter,
Hey man, glad to see the shoulder is doing better, and I think the MiSi and the mainland sounds awesome together with your voice,
Thanks for sharing....MM Stan..

who radiohead!! You gotta get on them

I'm on it. We were just listening to Radiohead on Pandora radio yesterday... Must download... I have never heard Fake Plastic Trees before. This is what happens because I still listen to the same music I played on college radio from 88-91... sigh. I must get out of my box!

Thanks for sharing your great vid!

I'm on it. We were just listening to Radiohead on Pandora radio yesterday... Must download... I have never heard Fake Plastic Trees before. This is what happens because I still listen to the same music I played on college radio from 88-91... sigh. I must get out of my box!

Thanks for sharing your great vid!
start with the bends album. Lovely new uke btw

Rae that sounds great.My biggest mistake was not to get a pickup on my Mainland, I should have listened to Mike but it was a budget thing. What was the overall cost? plus tax's. I love my Mainland, it's the same as yours but unfortunately it's developed sharp fret ends, and I'm not in good enough health to put it right, do you know if southern Ukuleles do fret dressing? I don't want to take it to a guitar shop as I would prefer a Uke man do it.

Rae that sounds great.My biggest mistake was not to get a pickup on my Mainland, I should have listened to Mike but it was a budget thing. What was the overall cost? plus tax's. I love my Mainland, it's the same as yours but unfortunately it's developed sharp fret ends, and I'm not in good enough health to put it right, do you know if southern Ukuleles do fret dressing? I don't want to take it to a guitar shop as I would prefer a Uke man do it.

hello mate I'm sure southern Ukes would fret dress definitely i got a makala off them and it looked like it had been altered to lower the action? It was 110usd plus about 7usd postage I make that approx 80 quid plus 21 quid handling at the post office so 100 quid approx all in. I set it up myself and through a good amp it sounds lovely well worth the investment for open mic nights

Thanks for the info mate, don't think I can stretch to that at the moment as chrimble is coming up, but it's on my wish list.

I fixed my sharp fret ends myself with a cardboard fingernail file. Keep the edge with no abrasive against the fret booard and file it carefully. Mine came out great, took about five minutes. A Pro could not have done a better job.

I fixed my sharp fret ends myself with a cardboard fingernail file. Keep the edge with no abrasive against the fret booard and file it carefully. Mine came out great, took about five minutes. A Pro could not have done a better job.
I thought about doing that but I'm scared I'll damage the fretboard.

I thought about doing that but I'm scared I'll damage the fretboard.
You could put masking tape on the fretboard leaving the frets exposed. it did not take much filing to fix the ends,just a couple light passes with the fingernail file.

Last edited:
Top Bottom