Anyone want to buy D'addario T2 strings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I purchased a bunch of D'addario T2 strings from Stringsbymail.com. I had intended to jerry-rig them into a low g setup but it didn't work for me as well as my Savarez experiment. The downside is that I bought a bunch of them to save on shipping and now have no use for them. But Stringsbymail doesn't allow refunds, only exchanges, plus they are going to charge me a restocking fee even though they are unopened.

I'm less than enthused about paying to ship them back to them, only to lose 15% of their value and only get a store credit in return. I'd rather give them at a discount to someone on UU who might be interested in them.

I bought 3 packages of the treble Titanium T45 packs (this is for your first, second and third string) at a cost of $2.95 each. I also got three individual strings of the T4503 (this would be your C string) at a cost of $1.15 each. I also bought the higher tension treble T46 packs (of your first, second and third string) at a cost of $2.95 each, and three individual T4603 strings (the C string on a uke) at a cost of $1.15 each. I opened up and used one set of the T46 and one extra T4603 string, so those are gone.

But I do still have three unopened T45 packs, three unopened T4503 strings, two unopened T46 packs, and two unopened T4603 strings. The retail value of these would be $20.50. I paid $12 in shipping, but I won't charge anyone for shipping. If anyone wants to give me $15 for all of them (I will cover the cost of shipping), I'm happy to send them out.

I'm going out of town to Hawaii next week, so I need to mail them before I leave. So if there are no takers, I'll send them back to Stringbymail on Monday.

Ugh, that is what I get for being hasty and not reading their return policies. I could live with the store credit issue or the restocking fee issue independently, but together, it kind of sours me on them. I'm not sure why you have to pay a restockign fee for completely unopened string packs -- they can see I never opened them. Sigh. Oh well, live and learn. That is the last sale they will ever get from me. I'm much happier with Elderly and MGM from now on.

PM Sent . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom