Is a brand new Ukulele supposed to look like this?

absolut

Reaction score
IMG_4259.jpg

A newbie here and just bought my first concert Kala KA-SC ukulele (Spruce Top) from MGM last week based on recommendations here. Just got my shipment today. Unfortunately, the back of the uke is filled with scratches as seen in the picture. Do you guys think it's normal? :( It really bothers me...

Not at all if it is a new Uke. I never dealt with MGM but would based on their reputation. Based on what I have heard about them, just contact them and they will make it right.

When I first saw it, I thought it looked like mildew which would concern me even more than the scratches. But if you are sure they are scratches, was it packed tightly and not skuffing around in the box?

I am no expert but I would send that uke back! So sorry that happened to you. Call the shop you purchased it from. I sure hope that they will fix it for you!

If you haven't already done it, just give Mike a call. I am sure he'll fix the problem for you.
Please let us know when you get it taken care of, eh?

Email MGM and send a copy of the photo you posted. I've never had a problem with any ukulele I've bought from him, but he has a reputation for being both honest and honorable. I suspect he would want to fix your problem.

Yep, I would give MGM a call or email ( with pic ). From what I've heard on here, MGM are good to deal with . It does look like it has been rubbing against something for a while (cardboard shipping box maybe?)

I'd be bummed too, if a new Uke was delivered to me looking like that. Hope it all works out for ya.

Mike took back a uke simply because I wasn't happy with the sound. He's a great guy and will make things right when they're wrong.

I would've emailed the seller (MGM) before posting it publicly..

but anyway... it's a bit hard to tell what it is from here.
Wiping it doesn't remove it?

Thank you for your responses everyone. Was worried about it and unsure if it's normal for new ukuleles. Just solved the problem with MGM who's very responsive and helpful indeed. Thanks Mike!

That's a weird defect. It kind of looks like a reflection of something rather than something on the uke... oh well.

apparently during shipping something from the case or who knows where got on the ukulele. It is being returned so i can find out what it is

Top Bottom