Spanky Banjo Uke (broken)

toobacat

Reaction score
This is a Spanky Banjo Uke that I bought off of ebay the first of August. Unfortunately, the only packing was the soft case and it arrived broken. I sent it back to Spanky Banjo for repair, so hopefully, I will have it soon. I have no idea what it will sound like, but I'm looking forward to playing it. Here are the pictures (it's made of Sapele).

sapelefrontlarge.jpg

sapelebacklarge.jpg

Here is a picture showing how it arrived.

10706671large3.jpg

I'll post more pictures once I get it back.

That last bit is the hardest thing ever to look at...part of me just died- I am sure he will sort it out though.

hi Toobacat

that is a ripper looking banjo-uke...if she plays half as good as she looks you've spent your money well!

Really, if people are going to send expensive instruments by post, they need to take extra care in the packaging...the soft case just aint good enough I'm afraid...who knows how posties treat items...you can't afford to take any chances...sounds like laziness to me...anyway, I hope they do the right thing by you and repair it properly.

Hope it works out OK mate, and happy pickin and strummin!!! cheers.

That is a pretty Bangole.. I might have to start looking as a consumer again.. ;)

Aloha Toobacat,
Man....I'd be really depressed....In fact, I believe that's the worse shipping breakage Ive ever seen by far.....But I'm happy to hear
that they have taken it back for repair.....I would have wanted another new one...but I guess that's second best...just to tramatic
for me to look at....I hope everything turns out well for you....It's a beautiful design banjo minus the damage....MM Stan..

Aloha Toobacat,
Man....I'd be really depressed....In fact, I believe that's the worse shipping breakage Ive ever seen by far.....But I'm happy to hear
that they have taken it back for repair.....I would have wanted another new one...but I guess that's second best...just to tramatic
for me to look at....I hope everything turns out well for you....It's a beautiful design banjo minus the damage....MM Stan..

It has been depressing. It's been almost 2 1/2 months since I bought it, and I still haven't strumed it once.

I might not have been clear in my original post, but I bought it used on ebay, not from Spanky Banjo, but Spanky Banjo is doing the repair.

Ouch! My heart bleeds!... Was the uke sent under insured shipping? Surely the seller should pay for that, he packed it insufficiently!... How much did you pay for her btw?...

Buck up there... that repair should be easy and very strong. Some of the new polyurethane glues (eg Gorilla Glue) make a joint stronger than the wood itself.

hi Toobacat

that is a ripper looking banjo-uke...if she plays half as good as she looks you've spent your money well!

Really, if people are going to send expensive instruments by post, they need to take extra care in the packaging...the soft case just aint good enough I'm afraid...who knows how posties treat items...you can't afford to take any chances...sounds like laziness to me...anyway, I hope they do the right thing by you and repair it properly.

Hope it works out OK mate, and happy pickin and strummin!!! cheers.

I've been delivering mail for 24 years, and I've been called a lot of things; some of them repeatable. But I've never heard "posties" before. I love it!

Ouch! My heart bleeds!... Was the uke sent under insured shipping? Surely the seller should pay for that, he packed it insufficiently!... How much did you pay for her btw?...

It was insured and they paid the repair bill, which was shocking, since it had no packing. I think the Post Office messed up on this claim.

The repair is finished, and here are a couple of pictures that Phil from Spanky Banjo sent me.

heelrepair2small.jpg

heelrepair1small.jpg

Hopefully, it will be shipped and handled properly this time. If it were me, I don't completely know how I'd handle it a second time. Do you feel worried about the second shipping?

Hopefully, it will be shipped and handled properly this time. If it were me, I don't completely know how I'd handle it a second time. Do you feel worried about the second shipping?

Not really worried, it will be shipped by the builder this time, not an ebayer.

Hopefully my uke is shipping today. It was supposed to ship yesterday, but there was a buzz from the bridge, so Phil fitted it with a new bridge and wanted to let settle overnight and make sure everything was OK. I'm so ready to try it out!

I've been delivering mail for 24 years, and I've been called a lot of things; some of them repeatable. But I've never heard "posties" before. I love it!

sorry for throwing in the OZ lingo mailman...yeah, we call postmen "posties" down here. Not a derogatory term by any means, more a term of endearment. Australians have a way of shortening everyone's name and,if it can't be shortened, substituting it for a nickname! Cheers mate...

sorry for throwing in the OZ lingo mailman...yeah, we call postmen "posties" down here. Not a derogatory term by any means, more a term of endearment. Australians have a way of shortening everyone's name and,if it can't be shortened, substituting it for a nickname! Cheers mate...

I have a friend in Toronto who is a mailman and he refers to himself as a postie.

Top Bottom