Tenor 6-string tuning question?

vehement

Reaction score
So I just got a new Koaloha 6-string ukulele (pictures to follow) and I'm trying to decide on the tuning, it's surprising there's not more info on these tuning online!

I know I want to use octave C and octave A tuning, instead of the doubled A. My question is what other people with 6-strings use as an order for these? It's currently tuned to high g/high c/low C/E/low a/high A. Do any of you other 6-stringers switch the order of the C strings with the low C before the high c? Thanks! :D

Aloha Vehement,
I generally want to play a six string the high G, high C, C, E, low A, A....but in adjusted tuning...F#, B, B,D#,G#, G...in the settings because the ukulele has deeper richer sounds..
Ive left out the settings as I think Your Koaloha may be too bright for them....I 've played around with setting for a couple years and can change the sound and range through tuning...
MM Stan..

Last edited:
Happy New Uke Day! Congrats! Other than that, I don't have any answers for you, I'm still too new at this :D

I've heard with with a low g too and it sounded great in addition to the octave C and A strings.

Do any of you other 6-stringers switch the order of the C strings with the low C before the high c? Thanks! :D
High before the low . . .

Mine is tuned octave c and octave a. Love the sound!

Mine is tuned octave c and octave a. Love the sound!

Are you strung with high then low, or low then high octave pairs? I think I might just keep my configuration until the weekend cause I have a gig tonight, and already practiced with the band with my current setup.

Are you strung with high then low, or low then high octave pairs? I think I might just keep my configuration until the weekend cause I have a gig tonight, and already practiced with the band with my current setup.

I think they would be low than high, not 100% sure though.

Someone was just asking me about low g tuning last night. Glad you liked yours, I might try with the Koolau string set next time I restring since theirs comes with a low g.

I'm on vacation all next week, and changing the strings on my 6 string is on my to do list! And I'm almost convinced to use a low g...

Currently it's tuned gCcEaa. I find that strung w/ octave A's and high g, it sounds too much like a guitar strummed up/down...sounds backwards to my ears. I've got a set of 8 string Worth clears, so I have plenty of choices to fool around with!

~Michael

Yeah I tried that same tuning and it sounded nice as well! I'm currently doing gcCEAa with some Aquillas, but going to try either the Koolau or Salvarez Alliance or D'addario T2 (like in my other ukuleles).

Top Bottom