PDA

View Full Version : UU T-Shirt Give Away!

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 12:09 AM
The aloha's felt a little stagnant on UU in recent months for one reason or another. Let's bring back some appreciation and good will with a stupidly easy "contest"

Contest Rules:

Just a post in this thread here some appreciation for UU. Particular members, moderators - whatever.

I realise this is a very lazy contest and has little imagination but does that really matter? I didn't think so.

Win yourself a UU tshirt of choice. You have until 9am on October 14th :) (Extended deadline)

GO!

bobj
10-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Hey,
That sounds like a good idea..... probably. Anything that is anti-stagnosity, and pro-aloha can't be bad. And I figure I am always in with a chance if the contest is stupidly easy :-)

Rzr
10-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Shane says he wants to be just like me. What a freak.

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 03:07 AM
I probably should have mentioned that I'll just be drawing at random

dnewton2
10-13-2010, 03:31 AM
I would like to thank Kanaka for everything he does in the forum. Also thanks to the three UU creators for making all this possible.

Cokecan72
10-13-2010, 05:41 AM
well i posted something not sure if it was in the right place but hey ho i had a go

Keep on strummin

seeso
10-13-2010, 06:04 AM
This is the thread in question:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?35720

Cokecan72
10-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Yay, i posted it in the right thread after all, but wow that thread sure get a few posts init, it was a few pages back all of a sudden, but its there.. Good luck all..

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 07:35 AM
I didn't give this too much thought :uhoh:

It's really just a case of posting some appreciation for UU here if you'd like to be in the drawing for a tshirt :)

Cokecan72
10-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Well i sure appreciate all the hard efforts of the kind people on here, its thanks to there help and instructions and the mound of information that got me playing the way i play today..and still helps me now.. I thought a ukulele might be a bit of lonely instrument amongst a world of guitarist, but boy was i wrong. And i appreciate the warm friendly help, comments and stuff, its fantastic..
Took me a few months to start posting stuff on here, (needed time to feel comfortable with me uke), but now i love it and posting vids and entering competitions, great stuff...and the chance of winning a UU T-shirt what honest ukulele playing person could turn that down.. Not me. Should make me look rather dashing on me next vid i thought..lol
Anyways i ramble.. Cheers all, Good luck :)

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 08:12 AM
With the help of a moderator I've simplified the contest. Just post some appreciation for UU right here and you're in the draw.

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Shane says he wants to be just like me. What a freak.

No no... He wants to be like me!

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 08:13 AM
UU has been my muse for a while now... Whenever I need to vent, catch up with friends or just get away from every day life, this is where I go!

RyanMFT
10-13-2010, 08:17 AM
I appreciate how kind and giving everyone on UU is! Because of UU, I feel like a part of a really fun, kind, and respectful community which is VERY different from my experience of the community around a different instrument I played when I was growing up!

Hazy
10-13-2010, 08:18 AM
UU hasn't been in my life all that long. But after a long break it accepted me back with open arms. I love UU and the work the behind-the-scenes people do for us.

veep
10-13-2010, 08:32 AM
i would like to thank the UU 3 for make this website and Seeso for all the work he does and all my UU friends for helping me get better at my uke playing .

Cokecan72
10-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Does my original appreciation on the first page of this thread still stand as i posted my appreciating appreciation before the comp changed. Thats what i get for jumping in early. lol

Oh well good luck peeps..

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Does my original appreciation on the first page of this thread still stand as i posted my appreciating appreciation before the comp changed. Thats what i get for jumping in early. lol

Oh well good luck peeps..

Of course :)

UncleElvis
10-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I would like to express my appreciation for Seeso for finally giving me the arch-enemy I deserve and to the rest of the minijam fools and PoHo peeps and to Krabbers for "This Message", which is an amazing song... and Anna for "Percy and I" another song I'm in love with... and everyone for staying mellow and loving each other, simply because we love this insane little instrument.

fitncrafty
10-13-2010, 09:04 AM
What a fun and fair contest!!(could never win anything on the merits of my beginning playing) I have much appreciation for this community, I have never written a post, asked a question in which I didn't get some sort of response to! It amazes me, how much my playing has progressed in the short time that I have belonged to this community!
I have also watched so many give without expecting anything in return. (such as Joey and the gift of her uke leash) I have belonged to a lot of groups but none so genuine and friendly as this one....
I mostly appreciate no matter what I ask or post about, I have never been criticized but always encouraged and reminded that all uke players (or any instrument for that matter) all started at the beginning. This has given me motivation to keep going.... and reminders to have patience!

Thanks everyone for being part of this community!

itsme
10-13-2010, 09:12 AM
I love this place! It's a constant source of inspiration and camaraderie. Thanks to the UU staff and all the mods here for their hard work in making this such a great place to be. :)

JT_Ukes
10-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks to my favoraite Po-Ho UU mods Andy (ukulelehill) and Sesso! They rock and rock hard!

JT

beeejums
10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd like to thank bobby "baby carrots" curtis for being a genuinely nice guy.

And anybody who gave me booze at UWC. For the booze.

And anybody who will bring extra booze to UWC next year. Also.

And... for anybody who ever replied to anything I've said in the PoHo thread because it's nice to feel included.

ukeatan
10-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Seeso 4 prez!!

Lori
10-13-2010, 09:44 AM
This is my #1 very favorite place on the internet. I have gotten to meet so many great people in person because of it, and even started some great friendships. I have learned a ton of important ukulele info, that would have taken many years to acquire otherwise. I also have found a great community who has helped me in developing products for the ukulele, so it's influence in my life has been far reaching.
So, thank you UU founders, moderators, and posters. You're the best!
–Lori
P.S.– special thanks to Harold O., Teek, Ronnie Aloha, Jinny, Ken Middleton, all the Uke Leash prototype testers, and everyone who has bought a Uke Leash!

sukie
10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
There are WAY TOO MANY people here to thank individually. I love this place.

Actually, THANK YOU to Aldrine, Rayan and Aaron for keeping this going.

To anyone who has every responded to a post, THANK YOU. To my Po-Ho friends -- you're the bestest.

Skitzic
10-13-2010, 10:02 AM
UU is wonderful.

Thank you Aldrine, Rayan, and Aaron for getting it off the ground.

Thank you to the moderators (even Andy) for all their hard work.

Thank you PoHos for being my sunlight on a cloudy day.

And thank everyone for not laughing me off camera when I play drunken Backstreet Boys on the jams.

That is all.

provines
10-13-2010, 10:09 AM
If I were to pick my favorite UU'r; Deach is just about at the top and I know, no one would argue that point. I have a favorite spot in my heart for UKISOCIETY and Krabbers; partially because they are old like me and have a warped sense of reality. But my favorite UU'r of all time has to be Tucker the Torpedo; Tucker's roomate is pretty cool too :)

I check UU everyday for inspiration and to check up on my friends. It's hard to find such a collection of wacky friends locally, but lucky for me, they all have found their way to UU.

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 10:10 AM

Hahaha. That made me laugh way more than it should have.

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 10:30 AM

And anybody who gave me booze at UWC. For the booze.

And anybody who will bring extra booze to UWC next year. Also.

And... for anybody who ever replied to anything I've said in the PoHo thread because it's nice to feel included.

But the guy that got you water after all of your booze is chopped liver huh??? ;)

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
UU is wonderful.

Thank you Aldrine, Rayan, and Aaron for getting it off the ground.

Thank you PoHos for being my sunlight on a cloudy day.

And thank everyone for not laughing me off camera when I play drunken Backstreet Boys on the jams.

That is all.

Even me huh?? ;)

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Hahaha. That made me laugh way more than it should have.

Careful... I'll change your title back!

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 10:32 AM
This is my #1 very favorite place on the internet. I have gotten to meet so many great people in person because of it, and even started some great friendships. I have learned a ton of important ukulele info, that would have taken many years to acquire otherwise. I also have found a great community who has helped me in developing products for the ukulele, so it's influence in my life has been far reaching.
So, thank you UU founders, moderators, and posters. You're the best!
–Lori
P.S.– special thanks to Harold O., Teek, Ronnie Aloha, Jinny, Ken Middleton, all the Uke Leash prototype testers, and everyone who has bought a Uke Leash!

I didn't buy my uke leash... But I love it all the same!! Thank you for coming up with it Lori!

AnnaUK
10-13-2010, 10:33 AM
I love the spirit on here. Everyone's friendly and I've made uke pals and learned more than I ever thought I would. The online community gave me the idea to get a local jam going and the MUC was born, which has led on to more jamming.

I'd like the thank the Three Amigos who make all this possible and the mods who do a thankless task.

Who'd have thought it. ONE DAY, when I grow up, I'd like to be a PoHo :D

(PS - Shane, please exclude me from the prize draw, I just wanted to add my voice to the aloha spirit.)

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I love the spirit on here. Everyone's friendly and I've made uke pals and learned more than I ever thought I would. The online community gave me the idea to get a local jam going and the MUC was born, which has led on to more jamming.

I'd like the thank the Three Amigos who make all this possible and the mods who do a thankless task.

(PS - Shane, please exclude me from the prize draw, I just wanted to add my voice to the aloha spirit.)

You all say its thankless... And yet you all keep thanking us! ;) Just sayin...

harpdog
10-13-2010, 10:36 AM
I appreciate the diversity of people that post here - it's like this forum gives us all common ground - not just in ukulele appreciation, but in appreciation of all ukulele players.

haolejohn
10-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Shane, you sir rock!!!

UU is a place of refuge. I love it here and recommend everyone I know to come and join the uke fun.

AnnaUK
10-13-2010, 10:43 AM
You all say its thankless... And yet you all keep thanking us! ;) Just sayin...

GOOD POINT! I guess I mean that on most forums it's a totally thankless task - on here however, it's a different story. Highlights how fab the people on here are :D

toerebangin
10-13-2010, 10:50 AM
id like to show appreciation to everyone on here , just perpetuating or showing the love for ukes

sukie
10-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Careful... I'll change your title back!

Shane has a title? (I can't grouse or I'm defeating the purpose of the thread, but, really? I don't have a title.)

UncleElvis
10-13-2010, 10:53 AM
[/COLOR]

And we want you to be one!

And a minijammer!

And our new best friend!

And my henchman in the battle against The Seeso Who Shall Not Be Named!

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
B_ _ _y M_ J_ _ _ _ _ _ _ s

AnnaUK
10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Shane's title is: H-f--l--p L-V-r

Ha ha ha :biglaugh:

sukie
10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
B_ _ _y M_ J_ _ _ _ _ _ _ s

ha-ha. Maybe a title you don't wanna keep? just sayin' :-)

sukie
10-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Shane's title is: H-f--l--p L-V-r

Ha ha ha :biglaugh:

hmmmmmmmmm.....

AnnaUK
10-13-2010, 11:06 AM
hmmmmmmmmm.....

His avatar gives it away...

sukie
10-13-2010, 11:06 AM

Got it.

veep
10-13-2010, 11:11 AM
And we want you to be one!

And a minijammer!

And our new best friend!

And my henchman in the battle against The Seeso Who Shall Not Be Named!

still going after seeso E ? when will you learn ?

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 11:12 AM
ha-ha. Maybe a title you don't wanna keep? just sayin' :-)

Haha :) TOO TRUE

Er... technically my avatar is YOUR fault. Just saying.

L _ C Y L _ V _ R

I'd better be careful not to hijack my own thread :uhoh:

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 11:26 AM
I'd better be careful not to hijack my own thread :uhoh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3VxOqHI-4

mds725
10-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I joined UU in October 2009, a few months after Vincent "Captain Google" Rooney passed. (I wish I'd gotten the chance to know him, at least in cyberspace. He seemed like a life-affirming and brave individual.) One of my first discoveries on UU was the thread Seeso had started about collaborating on the tribute to Vincent that became the wonderful video of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World." I was immediately struck by two things -- on this site, people meant something to one another that went beyond their shared interest in the ukulele, and people here have the world's biggest hearts. I can't even begin to imagine how much comfort it brought to Vincent's family to see that video and appreciate how much Vincent had meant to so many people who shared in their grief at his loss, or how much comfort they were able to take from the fact that even as Vincent was fighting, and ultimately losing, his battle with his illness, he had a place to go and people to visit that made him happy. That tribute video, and the subsequent CD to which so many of you contributed, are still among the most selfless acts I have seen, and that they occurred at, of all places, an ukulele forum on the Internet makes them even more amazing.

The other stuff -- everyone's helpfulness and support as we all travel along the road to what we hope will be ukulele proficiency and the simple joy of making music, the dedication of moderators past and present to ensure that the site is such a helpful and supportive place, and even the folks in the UU store who write funny little notes to me every time I buy something -- it's all great and it makes this forum a special place for me to visit. But that outpouring of affection for Vincent: you guys totally live Aloha and you totally rock.

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm going to extend the deadline until 9am tomorrow morning (UK time) I'm enjoying the responses too much to cut it short and make any folk over in America etc. miss out.

bbycrts
10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
UU is my happy place, my hangout with friends, my get-off-your-seat-and-play place, my inspiration, my source of comfort. Sound pathetic and codependent? It's not - happy people, good laughs, and good friends - it's all good stuff! I love my UU!

Oh yeah - it keeps my typing fingers busy, too...

bbycrts
10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
UU is my happy place, my hangout with friends, my get-off-your-seat-and-play place, my inspiration, my source of comfort. Sound pathetic and codependent? It's not - happy people, good laughs, and good friends - it's all good stuff! I love my UU!

Oh yeah - it keeps my typing fingers busy, too...

Oh yeah 2 - it also gave me my very own Englishman to bully - how could you not love that?

bbycrts
10-13-2010, 12:07 PM

This actually brought a happy little tear to my eye...thanks Ben!

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah 2 - it also gave me my very own Englishman to bully - how could you not love that?

and I found my soul mate :love:

Rzr
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't spend much time on UU, but the time I do spend here is nice. Thank you. More jamming? No comment.

salukulady
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM
and I found my soul mate :love:You posted that just to bug me......

ukeshale
10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
You posted that just to bug me......

I was going to send for you but I knew your gag reflex would probably lead you here on it's own

salukulady
10-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm thankful for the insightful and kind posts made by the curiously missing Tanizaki. He always inspired me with his well informed and knowledgeable comments. There will never be another UU member like him.

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm thankful for the insightful and kind posts made by the curiously missing Tanizaki. He always inspired me with his well informed and knowledgeable comments. There will never be another UU member like him.

AFPOTD! lol

bbycrts
10-13-2010, 12:16 PM
and I found my soul mate :love:

And I found my soul-ache. It was a match made in heaven... :love:

bbycrts
10-13-2010, 12:17 PM

Thank God.

Uhoh. The PoHos are leaking out of their thread...

UkuleleHill
10-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Thank God.

One of the reasons I love UU!

thatukuleleguy
10-13-2010, 12:25 PM
I appreciate the collaborative effort on the Song Help board. I've had questions answered that were driving me insane! And, of course, I appreciate everyone that keeps the forums up and running. Moderators, etc.

salukulady
10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Thank God.

Uhoh. The PoHos are leaking out of their thread...We were drawn out by one of our own.

Scarecrow
10-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Great idea Shane.

oasis789
10-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I really appreciate Ukeshale for making this contest!

sukie
10-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank God.

Their thread?!? Their thread??????????

MisoHappy
10-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Dear UU, your members, your staff, your founders, and everything in between

Thank you

for putting joy into my life, from the bloopers at the end of uke lessons, to shameless crude humor, to just the plain happiness I draw from playing my ukulele

For making me appreciative of SO MANY things and people that I couldn't possibly name them all if i tried

for helping me grow, not only my hope as a musician, but as a person. To those people here that supported me, and were right there with the lifeline, when I was drowning, thank you.

For putting up with blonde and clueless people, and answering the same questions dozens of times over and over and over again.

For helping me find REAL friends over the INTERNET of all places

For all the hard work you put out for this website, and the heart you pour into it.

For reminding me that there really are good people in this world

For making your ceiling my floor; my BASEMENT :D

For giving the people here a newfound love of music

For uke lessons, minutes, got mails, and all of that. It must be harder work than it looks

For giving the entire world a place to gather

For guiding us, giving us direction, suggestions, and opinions; telling us how we can improve, and bombarding us with compliments and praise when we succeed.

For giving the ukulele a new, and better name

For birthing the POHOS ;) (and to my Pohos, thank you for being accepting of this thirteen year old - over emotional - under confident - argumentative girl from a little rock in the middle of the sea)

For popping up on my search engine that one fortunate day when I was looking for chords!

For being AWESOME

For spreading aloha

For everything

MAJALOZ!

:D

The things you've done for all of us are unfathomable, our appreciation for you is endless :3

chrishelms94
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I would like to thank Pippin, for helping me with picking a uke out and helping me find things on the forums.

musicmonsterw
10-13-2010, 03:14 PM
I would like to thank my fellow PoHos on the Leaderboard Thread for providing me with a daily source of fun, laughter, and inspiration. I would like to thank Sally for letting me stay at her home in SoCal. I would like to thank Colin and Rob F. for being my roommates down there where we had a great time and survived to tell the tale (please Colin no pics of the bar).

I would like to thank UU for providing a place where all the above could happen.

RuthMarie
10-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Dear UU and all members,

Thank you for being so incredibly helpful in my quest to learn to play ukulele! I've been a lurker here for a long time and finally decided to join up. I'm so glad I did! Every time I log on I can just feel the aloha in the air. Everyone here is so warm and friendly and made me feel welcome right away. And when I'm freezing in these cool WI temperatures I know I can just log on here and warm up right away with a few Hawaiian tunes. :)Thank you ukeshale for starting this contest! Good luck everybody. :)

Ruth

Jerlial Prophet
10-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks to the UU founders, moderators and members. What a great community where everyone is welcome. If it wasn't for this site I could never have imagined getting in a car for 7 hours just to go to a ukulele festival. Now I'm even considering flights!

prettiwiki
10-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I love UU!!!!

Ukulele Dave
10-13-2010, 07:01 PM
I wanna' thank Aldrine's vidz for teachin me the tunes, all those people out there who tabbed full songs(ex:Dom (http://dominator.ukeland.com/index2.shtml)), MGMichael (http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room/), and UU member MM Stan for all his empathy and always showing aloha spirit

mplozzer
10-13-2010, 07:05 PM
thanks uu - being new to the ukulele its nice to have a support group available to turn to for all uke related questions

haolejohn
10-13-2010, 07:29 PM

EFPOTY!! seriously. Sal, I love you:)

edgar44
10-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Saw Aldrine and Ryan in concert in Cerritos, CA at So Cal Ukulele Festival 2010...they were amazing! Watch out Jake Shimabukuro...Seriously, Aldrine has a great voice and rocked on a duet with Victoria Vox!

I bought two more ukuleles at the Fest, a Kala soprano for my grandkids to plink on and a Kanile'a Concert K1 for myself. Even had Aldrine autograph the kala for my kids! (Sorry Aldrine, but I couldn't bring myself to have you write on that beatifual Curly Koa Uke from Joe!)

I'm ready for another UU tee shirt in Black XL...Thanks for this great website!

Ed

aquaticsloth
10-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Everyone in UU contributes in a positive way to the community...So I thank you! Also, to the mods and all the people behind the scenes for being the glue which hold UU together. I feel the best way to really thank UU is to contribute any knowledge I gain while learning my uke! Cheers!

papplehead
10-13-2010, 08:37 PM
UU rocks. It is the main reason why I know how to play the ukulele as well as I can today. Much appreciation to all the people who tab stuff and makes videos. Its amazing how helpful the internet can be if you get the right people together.

happyslappysoong
10-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Why I appreciate UU (my entry):

I live down under in Sydney Australia. The Ukulele scene here is near to none. UU provides me and my ukulele niche with a sense of community and belonging with a wider, MASSIVE crowd of quirky people who have the same passion for uke, music and life as myself! UU has also been my only source of lessons, advice and encouragement since i started playing just over a year ago! Without UU, I don't think i'd be playing the uke. Imagine that...tragic!

A big down under 'THANKS MATE!' from Daniel =D

ADD
10-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks to the entire UU community for all that challenges me, teaches me, sets me straight, makes me laugh and sometimes cry. Because of UU, life is getting better, better all the time. So very grateful for that.

Cokecan72
10-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Oooo Who won ??? I'm so excited !!!... Come on me !!! lol..

GreatGazukes
10-13-2010, 10:45 PM
If I am forced to single out an entity for commendation it has to be the luthiers (whose threads I lurk) who contribute so much to the UU. The knowledge that is passed around is amazing and the aloha spirit in the luthiers forum is a joy to read. I have learnt so much from sitting and reading, THANKS GUYS.

ukeCANjam
10-13-2010, 10:57 PM
I'll take a stab! :D

I appreciate UU strongly on the fact that is just a great supportive place to be, loaded with ton's of info and maintained by awesome moderators. The people and members here are always so positive and the vibe makes UU an awesome site to be a part of.

Hippie Dribble
10-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Joining the UU has been the best thing I've done on a computer!!!

I thank all members for being encouraging, patient, and so willing to share their knowledge with those of us in need of it.

The longer one spends here, the more it feels like a big family.

I am thankful to be a small link in the chain.

Blessings everyone!!!

ukeshale
10-14-2010, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the all the entires. The contest is now closed. I'll announce the winner sometime today :)

raecarter
10-14-2010, 02:43 AM
Hi all I love uu so much everyone is so helpful big shout to mmstan who is clearly an amazingly helpful and friendly man. Hoosierhiver, UkuEroll, joeybug, Krabbers, kanaka are all top people to name a few but I don't think there are any negative people here xx

ukeeku
10-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Coolio . shirts

hEsheplll
10-14-2010, 07:28 AM
I think you are all very lovely people. And you are all very lovely musicians, and you ace the ukulele.

You should give yourselves a pat on the back.

That's what they always said to us at lower school, anyway.

I like t-shirts.

Good luck everyone! Remember, you're all winners in my eyes! :D

molokinirum
10-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Great....my shout out goes to mm stan!! He is very helpful and has a great knowledge about ukes!! I have followed his advice many many times!!!

Mahalo mm stan!!!

mikeg0232
10-14-2010, 08:20 AM
UU is great. I wear a size Large, Thanks!

Edit: Oops seems I missed this one. Darn work. UU is still great.

ukeshale
10-14-2010, 08:34 AM
UU is great. I wear a size Large, Thanks!

Edit: Oops seems I missed this one. Darn work. UU is still great.

It's ok. I'll still throw the last few entries in. It's all in the spirit of aloha ;) Will be doing the draw in about two hours though.

Gmoney
10-14-2010, 08:48 AM
UU is simply the BOMB! Before I found UU, I was a struggling ukulele player of a mere 1 week with little hope of getting past the C, Am, & "impossibly hard at the time" "G" chord. After discovering UU I am now a mere struggling ukulele player with an advanced case of UAS and have met an amazing group of passionate friends who also happen to play the ukulele. From the many "Mikes" of the commercial side of the equation (MGM, Uke Republic, Mainland) to individual members like my now good friends haolejohn, Captain_Lovehandles, Sweetwaterblue, & dbeal & equally "mere" members like myself I've learned a whole raft of new tunes, new chords, & even some Hawaiiian words!

I've bought a couple of ukes from fellow UU'ers, sold one myself - working on that 12-step UAS plan & have just had an amazing couple of months.

I'll buy my own UU shirt soon & wear it with pride!

Cokecan72
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Ooo, the suspence, the waiting, the excited anticipation of an approaching climax, (sorry that just sounds wrong)..lol
Good luck all...

spookefoote
10-14-2010, 08:52 AM
I probably should have mentioned that I'll just be drawing at random

You won't find anything more random than me!

Coconut Willie
10-14-2010, 09:18 AM
UU is the best...Joeybug is an awesome person. With her disabilities, she has shown a great love for the uke and has inspired many people to go for what they want.
Plus....the UU is simply THE BEST UKE SITE IN THE WORLD!!!!

ukeshale
10-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Plenty of entries:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/5081846675_4cf04b0153.jpg

But only one winner:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5081841205_52e438349f.jpg

Fitncrafty :) please PM your preferences. Style, size, colour etc. etc.

Thanks to everyone for entering

sukie
10-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Congrats Fitncrafty!

Nice contest, Shane. I like the colour paper you used for the drawing.

ukeshale
10-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Congrats Fitncrafty!

Nice contest, Shane. I like the colour paper you used for the drawing.

I knew you would. That will make even more sense for you soon! :)

veep
10-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Congrats Fitncrafty

Cokecan72
10-14-2010, 01:50 PM
well done :)

fitncrafty
10-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Thank you so much!! How exciting.. I am cold and wet from being out at soccer practice! I will PM in a bit!!

fitncrafty
10-14-2010, 01:59 PM
I like that color too... Thanks again!!

Rzr
10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Did I win? Congrats to all that entered and to fitncrafty and to Ukeshale. Most importantly, thanks to UU.

aquaticsloth
10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Congrats Fitncrafty!

thatukuleleguy
10-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Congratulations fitncrafty!

haolejohn
10-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Plenty of entries:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/5081846675_4cf04b0153.jpg

But only one winner:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5081841205_52e438349f.jpg

Fitncrafty :) please PM your preferences. Style, size, colour etc. etc.

Thanks to everyone for entering

I demand a recount!!...Oh wait...aloha:) Congrats to Fitncrafty.

Thanks Shane for hosting.

thatukuleleguy
10-14-2010, 06:12 PM
We should have another stupidly easy contest soon.

salukulady
10-14-2010, 06:17 PM
We should have another stupidly easy contest soon.anyone can run one.....go for it.

Kanaka916
10-14-2010, 07:05 PM
We'll keep this thread open for next day or so for all the congratulatory responses . . . Congrats to FITNCRAFTY as well as all the members who participated.

ADD
10-14-2010, 08:43 PM
That's neat. Happy for you, Fitncrafty.

molokinirum
10-15-2010, 04:20 AM
Way to go Fitncrafty!!!!

Hippie Dribble
10-23-2010, 08:46 PM
WooooooHoooooh!!!!!!

congrats to the fitncrafty one!!! very deserving winner I must say... :)

mm stan
10-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Great....my shout out goes to mm stan!! He is very helpful and has a great knowledge about ukes!! I have followed his advice many many times!!!

Mahalo mm stan!!!

Mahalo Molokinirum for the kind words...I appriciate it vey much...Stan...

mm stan
10-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Aloha FitnCrafty,
Woo Wooooooooo......A big CONGRATS!!!! You go girl!!!! Way to go!!!

Hippie Dribble
10-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Mahalo Molokinirum for the kind words...I appriciate it vey much...Stan...

actually Stan there were several members who thrust your name into the spotlight under those grand neon lights...and with good reason brother...you are much loved and respected here at the UU...

but also to fitncrafty, she has a lovely positive energy and outlook, and is also very encouraging with all of us.

Blessings to you both!!!

mm stan
10-24-2010, 02:59 AM
actually Stan there were several members who thrust your name into the spotlight under those grand neon lights...and with good reason brother...you are much loved and respected here at the UU...

but also to fitncrafty, she has a lovely positive energy and outlook, and is also very encouraging with all of us.

Blessings to you both!!!
Aloha Eugene,
Thanks for the kind words too..you're getting me embarrassed now!!
And I agree, Carrie deserves it very much!!!! congrats again Fitncrafty!!

fitncrafty
10-24-2010, 04:27 AM
Thanks Eugene and MMstan, you all are too kind! I have learned in life a positive attitude will get me far, especially since I have little musical talents (yet) it's what I can offer here. I have learned to much... and everyone is so great!

MM sometime you have to share photos, videos of you and your ukes...

I love my shirt and I especially love that my kids like it, and its mine!! ;)

The_Oddness_of_It_All
11-04-2010, 06:37 AM
The aloha's felt a little stagnant on UU in recent months for one reason or another. Let's bring back some appreciation and good will with a stupidly easy "contest"
GO!

its fine..every once and a while there needs to be an easy and simple contest:)

georgio
11-04-2010, 07:27 AM
I'm still new here, but I did notice that the beer served was a perfect 34 degrees.
Kudos to the keeper of the hops & barley! :)

Dane
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Whoops missed the boat, but I'd still like to show my appreciation for the UU staff and community. I have always had good experiences with the UU, and I don't want it to go changin.