Experiment - Can You Guess The Uke?

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :D

In the thread where I got Rhea, ADD suggested I do a little experiment. Basically, he wanted to hear whether he could tell the difference between each of my Ukes if they played the sang piece of music. I took up his challenge and this is the outcome.

Some basics:

Astrid - cheap Ukulele with Aquila strings
Lilo - Ohana SK10S with Aquila strings
Rhea - Luna Tattoo Pineapple with Aquila strings

The music I chose was the first verse of Amazing Grace, I sang it quietly so that you could hear the Ukulele playing, but I couldn't keep the right time unless I sang it, so that may effect the sound of the Uke. I strummed all three with my fingers so as not to distort the sound they gave off and I tuned them all before I started playing. Also all three are Soprono Ukuleles.

So, which one is which?

Can you tell?

Good Luck!

Joey

Aloha Joey,
Your playing sounds great and your voice is so beautiful.....enjoyed it very much.....I've made up my mind, but won't mention it till later too!!
Let's just say it's different from Lexxy's choices.... I also think Astrid held up against the other two too!!!!Thanks, MM Stan...

Last edited:
Oh my, I thought for sure I would know Astrid, being the "cheap" flashy girl that she is. My hats off to Astrid cause she held her own with those other two. I am going to refrain from guessing because I just don't feel confident in my abilities. However I will say I thought the third ukulele was the most lovely on the three.

Oh my, I thought for sure I would know Astrid, being the "cheap" flashy girl that she is. My hats off to Astrid cause she held her own with those other two. I am going to refrain from guessing because I just don't feel confident in my abilities. However I will say I thought the third ukulele was the most lovely on the three.

It just goes to show how good Aquila strings can make even the cheapest Uke sound...

I am by no means confident about this but here's my guess
1. Lilo
2. Rhea
3. Astrid

I changed my mind 100 times already... and still I don't know.. and Stan is right, you are so improving and your voice is lovely too!!

I am by no means confident about this but here's my guess
1. Lilo
2. Rhea
3. Astrid

I changed my mind 100 times already... and still I don't know.. and Stan is right, you are so improving and your voice is lovely too!!

Thanks :D I'm really pleased that everyone is having difficulty placing Astrid since she is the "cheap" one :D I'll say what order they're actually in later on and let you know if you were right :D

DRAT!! I wish I could listen to them, but I'm sitting in an airport on my iPhone. But I definetly second that Aquila's can make an increadable improvement in cheap ukes. I'll have to listen when I get home, and thanks for the comparison.

Non of the samples sound like an inexpensive starter uke, you're playing your best sounding new uke on each sample... you bad.
I've listenedededed and can't tell, they all have nice tone. BTW, your playing is getting smoother, you're voice is still very pretty:)
DAP

Non of the samples sound like an inexpensive starter uke, you're playing your best sounding new uke on each sample... you bad.
I've listenedededed and can't tell, they all have nice tone. BTW, your playing is getting smoother, you're voice is still very pretty:)
DAP

Nope, I didn't just play Rhea...Astrid is in there somewhere!

Thank you for the comments about my playing and my voice...I think I sound awful, but that's just me...

I'm gonna head to bed now, I think I'll leave this up to see if anyone else wants a guess before I tell you the answer...shall post in the morning :D

Have fun!

Joey

I'm gonna head to bed now, I think I'll leave this up to see if anyone else wants a guess before I tell you the answer...shall post in the morning :D

Have fun!

Joey

Joey... You're torturing us!!! :) However you are inspiring me to want to make a video... no matter how simple!

Okay, okay, I shall put those who want to know out of their miery.

Highlight to read - the Order was:

1. Lilo
2. Astrid
3. Rhea

Well done to those who guessed right!

Those who want to try guessing, just don't highlight the above section until after you've guessed :D

Astrid, Rhea, and Lilo. But all three sounded really nice. That's my guess anyway, but it was very difficult. I'm pretty sure Astrid was the first one, but not sure at all with the other two. Actually, come to think of it, I'm not all THAT sure about the first one either! Drat! I just checked and wasn't even CLOSE!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom