Another one of those super happy NEW UKULELE DAY threads! Woohoo!

mackie

UU+
Reaction score
Got my Kala Butterfly Soprano today! I couldn't focus at work today knowing my new ukulele was already in the post office waiting for me to pick it up. I skipped lunch, drove by the post office and waited for them to open at 1pm. I was so filled with adrenaline I didn't feel hungry at all. The moment they opened the window, I already saw a quadrilateral box and realized that that's mine. Happy happy day!

I'll be posting a video later on but for now feast on these pictures first. :D

bacote2.jpg
bacote3.jpg
bacote4.jpg

That's a beaut! Have some fun playing it.

Really striking looking uke!

I would have done the same thing with skipping lunch....good call! Enjoy!

I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.
DAP

Got my Kala Butterfly Soprano today! I couldn't focus at work today knowing my new ukulele was already in the post office waiting for me to pick it up. I skipped lunch, drove by the post office and waited for them to open at 1pm. I was so filled with adrenaline I didn't feel hungry at all. The moment they opened the window, I already saw a quadrilateral box and realized that that's mine. Happy happy day!

I'll be posting a video later on but for now feast on these pictures first. :D

bacote2.jpg
bacote3.jpg
bacote4.jpg

Happy New Uke Day!

I've had my new ukulele a week now and I'm still thrilled. You will be too.

Amazing uke, I hope you like it!

To everyone wondering how it sounds, I made a cover of Enough by Chris Tomlin towards the end of the video. I re-stringed it to have low-g. This is the first time I'm using low g. The strings are still in the process of stretching so it's still inconsistently tuned. I'm loving it. I slept very late and feel I thinned out my strumming finger nail pretty much for playing it for so long. :D

Aloha Mackie,
Congrats on the new Kala butterfly soprano...It looks and sounds awesome!!!!beautiful graining and rope binding...
You lucky guy!!!! early christmas present!!!!eh!! Have fun and enjoy!!! "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan..

Cool uke, nice video, great song, congrats!

Those Butterflies are some of the most dramatic and striking ukuleles I have seen. Congratulations!

Top Bottom