A Special Bit of Ukulele Bling

Dominator

Reaction score
Back in January 2009 when everyone was attaching “bling” to their headstocks I pretty much steered clear as I thought I was maybe a little too old for that sort of stuff :).

I performed at the Dono dal Cielo Vineyard last weekend and received a very special gift from a wonderful little girl that we met not long ago. Alexi, 8, likes art and is a very creative soul. While making herself a charm bracelet she suggested to her mother that she make something for me since it was my birthday last Sunday. Saturday afternoon she came to the vineyard and presented me with my special ukulele “bling” that she created from the image on one of my T-Shirts. It also has two charms. One says Aloha on one side and Hawaii on the other and the other charm is a plumeria flower. I was very moved by this wonderful gesture of Aloha. Thanks so much, Alexi.

Too old? Na, not for this special piece of bling.
uke_bling.JPG

really cool Dom. such a sweet gesture. Age has nothing to do with enjoying and showing off precious items like that!! Carries a nice story with it when you meet people and they ask. Lozark

I think that uke will be buried with that bling on it. Beautiful gesture. What is it made of?

That is very special. Thanks for sharing.

That's very classy.
DAP

How great is that? At the risk of sounding creepy, I love little kids.

Aloha Dominator,
That truely was a heartfelt gesture, I would proudly display it on mt tuner, as it has a really nice story behind it!!! and the nice thought of a young
girls generosity and creativity....I'm sure Alexis will be a wonderful uker as she get older....Mahalo for sharing the nice story!!!! MM Stan..

Here is my "got tabs" bling.

100_2509.jpg

Kind of makes the uke top heavy through... : )

J/K. I can't even imagine how special you felt when she presented that to you!

That is so sweet! You're never too old for that kind of bling. :D

I used to use one of those little cocktail umbrellas in my banjo headstock when we played at bars. Even better with uke.

Top Bottom