How to get a decent sound from a...

Very nice. I can totally relate especially as a UK uke player.

I actually had the cheap Mahalo as my very first ukulele. Although I made the mistake of paying £25 for it in central London only to see it being sold in Kilburn of all places for about £8.

You can bet I felt like an absolute prat. :uhoh:

Yes, new meaning to the expression 'pump up the volume'

Destroying instruments feels a bit like book burning, something inherently wrong about the whole thing

The only justification I can put forward is that it was a very bad example of an U30 and the best thing about it was the paint job.

Jack33

You might also say I go to great lengths to avoid actually playing in public...

I suppose it's also a symptom of how desperate I am for a new uke...

Jack33

Could there be any special reason I can not access the page? Myspace gives an error. Nothing with regions or something like that? Youtube has introduced the possibility to limit video playback only to a certain geographical location...

Could there be any special reason I can not access the page? Myspace gives an error. Nothing with regions or something like that? Youtube has introduced the possibility to limit video playback only to a certain geographical location...

I can't acess it either

Websites limited by geographical location? What kind of crazy world do we live in? This is the 21st century, these things shouldn't happen!

Not sure what the problem is, apologies to everyone who could not access the clip, it is also on the Ukehunt site along with lots of other great ukulele reviews (this one for Mahalo) so you might try it there.

Thanks for looking, sorry there was nothing to see.

Jack33

Last edited:
I don't know why, but this reminded me of a Monty Python skit... Great job and really funny, too!

This is the octopus' garden sketch, I can't remember if I posted this here or not but in case I didn't:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=36631360

We made two Mahalo videos that day, this is the first which i entered for the ukewarehouse comp and got nowhere.

Apologies if you have seen it before, I didn't mean this as a bump, someone just asked me about it the other day.

I think it helps illustrate the versatility of the cheap ukulele, I mean there are some things you just can't do with a Martin...

Top Bottom