I have a t shirt idea?

raecarter

Reaction score
my friend helped me do it! what do you think? http://www.cafepress.co.uk/raecarter82
]Who should I talk to? It's based on the goonies. The phrase is "hey! uke guys?" Which is what I'm gonna call my music project maybe if I ever do it. I like the idea of sloth holding a uke above his head and he has a uu t shirt on?

Last edited:
Design it.. and put it up on Cafe press... I love goonies!

Hi Rae...love the idea mate. :) And like fitncrafty said...Cafe Press!!!! Yes! That's such a great site...heaps of paraphernalia there for the ukulele tragic

What is cafe press? I'm not a very good artist my friend is making me a pixel style sloth. Where do I stand on copyright etc if it resembles someone ;-)

cafe press is a site where you can design a logo etc.. and have it printed on tshirts, mugs, water bottles etc... you set the price (and may make a little money) with the sales of items... go there and type in ukulele... or anything else that interests you. You will laugh and be amazed at the amount of stuff you will find there!

As far as copyright I wish I could help... I am sure there is someone on here that can.

Just been on there i think my idea might stand out on there although there are sometimes cool t shirts on there what a great idea!

Rae, two words... DO IT!

Damn you, I wish that was my idea, then everybody would think I was cool and buy them!... I'll defo buy and wear one...

You might want to check with the UU staff first. They own the rights to the UU logo, and you may need their approval to reproduce it....

I'm actually sitting here wearing a Goonies t-shirt as I read this. Maybe it's a sign.

Thanks mate i think it's genius

*toot* *toot* Sorry mate, whats that? Can't hear you over the sound of you blowing your own trumpet!... ;P

Sorry mate, couldn't resist! But no, its a brilliant idea. I don't own a ukulele shirt yet as I haven't come across one I actually "want"... simply being a uke shirt won't do but you shirt I would wear! I would buy seven and wear one everyday!

You have to do this now, I want that shirt! :)

Lol sorry was drunk when wrote that! I'll get on it unless someone wants to draw a pic as i'm terrible at art?

Lol sorry was drunk when wrote that! I'll get on it unless someone wants to draw a pic as i'm terrible at art?

Some great ideas in science, art, music, etc have come to the originator during altered states of consciousness. Go with it. Try drawing it yourself without thinking of it as art. Close your eyes and draw what you see in your mind's eye with your finger in the air until it feels/looks just right. Then try it on paper. It will definitely be an original. Leave your adult self out of it, just let your inner kid do it.

Where do I stand on copyright etc if it resembles someone ;-)
It doesn't have so resemble someone. The fact is that your friend used a copyrighted image, only took a minute to find the exact one he modified slightly.

I'm sure somewhere in the cafepress signup process there was some fine print about copyright that you agreed to.

We contractually prohibit our users from using the service to sell merchandise that infringes third party intellectual property rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade dress and right of publicity), moral rights, or is defamatory. We encourage rights owners to contact us if they believe that a user of our service has infringed their rights or that their content is defamatory. If you let us know that your rights are being infringed by one of our users we will (in our discretion) require that the user's content is removed from products and, if the user continues to infringe your rights (or infringes the rights of others) terminate the user's access to our services.
Sure, there's a lot of infringing stuff on cafepress. Looks like they operate under the DMCA's "safe harbor" provision where they don't have to actively police content, but if a copyright holder complains, they will tell you to cease & desist and if you don't they'll just terminate your account.

Yeah I read that they hav a white to grey to black rating where it can be removed i saw all the other iffy copyrighted shirts on there then read the terms and it just says it's on you.

What's the print quality like with Cafepress nowdays? I had a couple of shirts from them a few years back and they were that poor type of computer print thing. They have lasted well enough but I was expecting a proper screen print.

What's the print quality like with Cafepress nowdays? I had a couple of shirts from them a few years back and they were that poor type of computer print thing. They have lasted well enough but I was expecting a proper screen print.

I have no idea I'm afraid i'm a complete newbie obviously I'll buy my shirt myself but need some pennies

Top Bottom