Falling slowly - ukulele & bass

It was very nice and calming.. I enjoyed it.. I like the electric double bass, (well i asume its a double bass and not an oversized violin.lol)..
Good stuff..

Thanks a lot for all your lovely comments, I appreciate it so much! :)

@cokecan72: Basically, it is a huge bar with 5 fat wire, and it's fun to play :)

When I first saw the movie "Once", I thought that was quite possibly the most beautiful song I had ever heard. I still think it's got to be right up there. Nice job! That bass sounds GREAT!!!!! What brand is it?

Last edited:
Thanks much, Chris! The bass is a Dean (company) Pace (model) 5-string with damned old strings, powered with preamp and piezo-pickup. I recorded it by simply plugging it into the soundcard input of a PC.

The Dean sounds great on the recording. Does it sound that good live? I've been thinking about getting some sort of electric upright, but it would have to be the best-sounding cheaper model I could find, lol. I used to play in a band where I could have actually used one a lot, but not so much now. Still beats lugging around and storing an acoustic upright!

Sorry, Chris, no idea. As my nick indicates, I'm a rookie playing ukulele for about a year and occasionally a melody on a fretless bass. I'm no bass player, never played in a band, just at home on my sofa ;-) Stagg and Harley Benton also produce affordable electric upright basses, but I was just lucky and made a nice shoot on Ebay.

Really amazing!
I liked the movie and the song before. Your version is inspiring. Thanks for posting it

Top Bottom