wound strings

bluebeardno1

Reaction score
i tried a Westfield tenor ukulele with a wound third string today i am very new to playing sounded great to me are these strings better than just nylon or are they just the same, also does anyone have any experience of the Westfield brand i believe they make mainly guitars i also see that different strings come as round not just 3rd can anyone shed some light thanks. i have attached a picture of my melody uke my son painted the picture on the back for me just got to learn to play now :drool:

Attachments

• DSCF5725.jpg
    DSCF5725.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 12
Some string manufacturers include a wound string in their string sets. I believe it's either a C (3rd) or a low g (4th). The choice of wound strings really come down to personal preference. I think the majority prefer non wound string sets like Worth and Aquila, the latter offers a wound string. UU members also use Classical Guitar string sets from D'Addario and Savarez with the 4th being either a bronze or silver wound D string for a low g setup.

There are numerous threads concerning strings. The "SEARCH" function should yield some interesting results. Another informative piece is The Southcoast Guide to Tunings and Strings for more info. I'm sure others will chime in.

Top Bottom