For Chronic Pain Ukers

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was going to post this in the morning (which is technically is) but since I'm in pain and can't sleep I thought I would post it now..

Here's the video that explains it all:

I apologise for the out of tune singing, I have a cold!

I wrote the words with mmstan and he also worked on the chords with me.

I hope it strikes a chord with those who suffer in pain like I do.

Hope you like it

Joey

Aloha Joey,
Good job on the song...I liked how you did it...you put alot into it, and very proud of you...Sooo cool, girl...
I hope you feel better, I know you stayed up to finish it....Take Care!! Stan

Thought provoking and brave to sing through pain AND a cold, god bless you! I couldn't do it.

I have a friend who had the back end of a dump truck fall on his shoulder and it compressed his entire spine and ruined shoulder, hip and both knees. He has patches and heavy narcotics and every day is difficult. So I have an awareness of this problem that a lot of people don't.

Personally I have some chronic pain that when it isn't there I go wow, this feels really nice! Otherwise as you know it's good and bad days, or bad and better. But I found ukes help a lot, and I'm so happy to see you enjoying your lovely new Luna pineapple uke! So as Stan would say "Keep strummin' them strings!"

Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing this. :)

Thought provoking and brave to sing through pain AND a cold, god bless you! I couldn't do it.

I have a friend who had the back end of a dump truck fall on his shoulder and it compressed his entire spine and ruined shoulder, hip and both knees. He has patches and heavy narcotics and every day is difficult. So I have an awareness of this problem that a lot of people don't.

Personally I have some chronic pain that when it isn't there I go wow, this feels really nice! Otherwise as you know it's good and bad days, or bad and better. But I found ukes help a lot, and I'm so happy to see you enjoying your lovely new Luna pineapple uke! So as Stan would say "Keep strummin' them strings!"

Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing this. :)

Thanks, I managed to get to sleep in the end and am now awake and feeling slightly better! Ukes do help, something to do when the pain is banging on your door!

Thanks Joey

that was real beautiful mate. Love the lyrics. I am in constant admiration of your determination to stand up to the illnesses that would keep you bound. I too have found the ukulele to be of great comfort to me, and actually fills me with optimism and joy while I'm playing it.

By the way, your playing is improving at such a rapid rate. It's awesome to see your fast progress...

I hope Astrid and Lilo aren't getting too jealous of Rhea yet ..he he :)

many blessings, take care of you. eugene.

Joey

This is inspiring and beautiful :)

You are an amazing person and I hope you feel better!

Thanks Joey

that was real beautiful mate. Love the lyrics. I am in constant admiration of your determination to stand up to the illnesses that would keep you bound. I too have found the ukulele to be of great comfort to me, and actually fills me with optimism and joy while I'm playing it.

By the way, your playing is improving at such a rapid rate. It's awesome to see your fast progress...

I hope Astrid and Lilo aren't getting too jealous of Rhea yet ..he he :)

many blessings, take care of you. eugene.

I'm about to get both Lilo and Astrid out for tuning and to decide which one to play for the Toy Story 3 contest video...wish me luck! Take care of yourself too, mate...

Joey

This is inspiring and beautiful :)

You are an amazing person and I hope you feel better!

Thanks, I do feel slightly better after some sleep and more painkillers, hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight as I have uni work int he morning :D

This was fabulous!! Great Job Joey and MMstan!! How great to be on opposite sides of the world and work together! Kudos to you both!!! And thanks for sharing...
You are so courageous Joey...

this is very beautiful and so thoughtful. thank you so much for doing this because I know it means a lot to not only me, but also a lot of other people in this world.

Thanks Joey,

As one myself that has lived in constant pain for over 12 years, I imagine life without it all the time. Many I hear consider suicide because of it, but I have never even considered that, because life with pain, is still Life and it's a precious gift that isn't ours to deny. When I have been asked if I have considered taking my life because I am tired of dealing with pain that doesn't stop. My answer is always the same. NO. God has given me the gift of life, and I am going to live it how he see's fit.

Again, thanks for the song..

this is very beautiful and so thoughtful. thank you so much for doing this because I know it means a lot to not only me, but also a lot of other people in this world.

I'm glad you liked it, it wasn't all me though, it was mmstan too. Without him I wouldn't have even had the basis for it!

This was fabulous!! Great Job Joey and MMstan!! How great to be on opposite sides of the world and work together! Kudos to you both!!! And thanks for sharing...
You are so courageous Joey...

Thanks, I don't think courageous is a word I'd used to describe myself...I, like many others, live with pain and sometimes you just have to accept that's your life and move on with it. I'll be honest, I can't remember a time when it *didn't* hurt...
Thanks Joey,

As one myself that has lived in constant pain for over 12 years, I imagine life without it all the time. Many I hear consider suicide because of it, but I have never even considered that, because life with pain, is still Life and it's a precious gift that isn't ours to deny. When I have been asked if I have considered taking my life because I am tired of dealing with pain that doesn't stop. My answer is always the same. NO. God has given me the gift of life, and I am going to live it how he see's fit.

Again, thanks for the song..

You are an inspiration to me, all the things you've gone through and you just keep going on without complaint. I agree with you that this is the life we are given and we have to live it no matter what. Life is so much a precious gift!

Top Bottom