MK-S Tuning Help!? >_<

GERRELLEY

Reaction score
2a818xx.jpg

Hello! :D
I've hade my MK-S [Makala Soprano] Ukulele for the past week. Yes, i'm a beginner, haha. I've learned to play a couple of songs and such, but I never learned to tune my uke correctly.
I use the standard tuning of GCEA. I usually get the G and A string just fine, but the D and C string present a big challenge for me. I've tried using online ukulele tuners... but I can never get all the strings correctly tuned. And i'm not able to purchase a tuner or anything. :(
I want to try and learn how to tune it without a tuner. Is there a certain why I should tune it? Should I use other types of tuning? Any detailed videos or step-by-step directions for tuning? Any help here? :confused:

Aloha Gereelley,
Tuning your ukulele by ear requires you to know how the individual strings sound like....almost impossible for a beginner, some ukers take years to develop those skills, unless you are gifted..
And have a pitch perfect ear......You can go to You Tube and search..tuning ukulele by ear by Jim Devillle....I suggest you stick with regular tuning until you get better..
Good Luck, I hope it helps...MM Stan....

Hey Gereelley - I know how you feel! I did end up getting a tuner because I had the exact same problem. Without that option, what I was doing was just using this website's ukelele tuner (http://www.ukeschool.com/instruction.html) right in the menu bar. Just keep at it, and especially listen to the sound of the chords playing together to see if you can identify where the problem is. Continuing to develop your 'ear' by listening to the chord will make a difference over time.

I wish you all the best - good luck!

Top Bottom