Uke Case Identification Please

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
So anyone know what bag Jody has on his back in the video? I've been in the market looking for a new, reliable case for my uke and one has a case/back pack would be awesome. Any ideas where this bag is made by?

Fast Forward to 2:08 to get a good view of the bag. Any helps or recommendations would be awesome!

That's a Ritter Gig Bag. I'm not sure anyone distributes them in the US anymore. They are a UK based company. I think a few dealers carry their guitar bags but I don't know of anyone that has the ukulele line in the US. Lots of artists in Hawaii use them but every one that I have seen used by these artists were old.

This is the newer model:

http://www.ritter-bags.com/index.php?id=2120

The Ritter has pretty substantial padding and the older models had large outside pockets. The Fusion bags look nice but only have 10mm of padding. That might be enough for your needs. I'm not sure what the outside material is on the Fusion but it was pretty heavy stuff on the Ritter.

I can vouch for the Steady line of bags. 20mm of padding and its almost a semi-hard case. Only one outside pocket though...

Ah Ritter! I was trying to read it on the vid but couldn't get a clear scope of it. The website is confusing though, I don't see any where you click to purchase? Am I missing something?

Those are pretty sweet bags, I just kinda want one thats different that can not only protect my uke, but hold a bunch of crap too. Annnd the backpack part is a cool thing too.

Ah Ritter! I was trying to read it on the vid but couldn't get a clear scope of it. The website is confusing though, I don't see any where you click to purchase? Am I missing something?

Those are pretty sweet bags, I just kinda want one thats different that can not only protect my uke, but hold a bunch of crap too. Annnd the backpack part is a cool thing too.

Colmes, I think that website that I linked is for distributors only. No direct to public retail sales. You have to find a distributor to order it. Check the list of US retailers and see if you can order it though them.

Does Jody get sponsored by G-string ukes?

Not sure if he is still sponsored since G String closed up. Last time I saw him was at the KoAloha party this summer but I don't recall seeing him play. He might have and I was inside so I didn't get to see what he was playing.

I didnt see any distributor lists on the site so I emailed them, hopefully they will get back to me sometime. It's a really cool looking case.

I was wondering the same thing about Jody, theres a pic on his FB with all of his million billion ukes he has but you can tell the G string is his baby.

Top Bottom