Wow?

Yes, he has great technique. I am amazed at how many people in the Hawaiian Islands actually have this level of proficiency and are relatively unknown if not totally unknown outside Hawai'i. I would like to find out more about people like this and feature them in future issues of Ukulele Player.

Yes, he has great technique. I am amazed at how many people in the Hawaiian Islands actually have this level of proficiency and are relatively unknown if not totally unknown outside Hawai'i. I would like to find out more about people like this and feature them in future issues of Ukulele Player.

He's fabulous... a whole series about the hidden talent of HI uker's... Nice..

Aloha Lexxy,
Although Kalei plays a Kamaka, the video at the end says it was made at Hawaii Music Supply...
There's Alot of local talent here... MM Stan....

I think Kalei's personal instrument is a custom Kamaka HF-3 and doesn't have the double K logo on the headstock.

That's Kalei's custom Kamaka. Double K on the headstock along with his initials on the fretboard, KG.

Must be recently new. The uke he used on his previous videos and and live performances was not a cutaway and did not have a slotted headstock.

Thanks for posting that video. I really enjoyed seeing/hearing his technique and the sounds he was able to produce. It is a continuous wonder to me how much can be coaxed from these instruments!

I kept digging thru Youtube and found this great small lesson on harmonics- One handed harmonics! It has now taken up much of my afternoon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UOypfd00Hw

Wow is right...
I can see a very fast, actiony car pursuit happening to this tune.
Just me? :D

Last edited:
Kalei Gamiao

I think someone should do an interview with Kalei Gamiao so we can find out more about this protoge. The guy is a whiz on the uke. Just my opinion!

I just came across Kalei's videos by Hawaii Music Supply yesterday. I am totally impressed! Mach 4 is unreal. Too bad I do not have enough talent to learn it. I've been working on his version of Kiss from a Rose non-stop since I got home yesterday though. That's a sweet Kamaka custom too.

Top Bottom