The hecklers. The Uke. Low G strings. The fun.

deepeepee

Reaction score
I have been thoroughly enjoying my Ukes from day one...The day I joined this forum, I have a few cheapies which I still enjoy playing as well as a nice mid range Kala concert. I decided that now I feel I am getting somewhere and happily playing, bashing out tunes for people and have a few songs under my belt, that I would try different tunings, which are fun. I have also put a low G string on one of my aquila strung Dolphins, I have to say I love it as another option. It is nice to have that little extra beef at the low end, it sounds great when my Daughter and I play together, one fingerpicking the other strumming. Having the different tone really does bring out the best in a duet situation. It is also really nice to be able to play a reasonable interpretation of Israel's Somewhere / Wonderful. The more I play these little instruments the better I feel, I love it when you get the Uke out of the case and people chuckle and the hecklers start " leaning on a lamp post " you start up, play some Iz, then some Paolo Nutini, some sing a long classics and a little rock and roll, the giggles die down and when you finish half the room are asking where to get one .....Awesome.

Top Bottom