Blue Waters - on the KoAloha Pineapple Sunday

I can't think of a better song to play with the Pineapple Sunday, a hand-built KoAloha masterpiece, a uke made in paradise, and a song about sailing through paradise.

Great tune & a fitting uke to play it on. Does have a Buffet-ish feel to it... had to break out my little KoAloha Soprano & join in as your invisible back up band.

Aloha Pippin,
I think Micky did a wonderful job and in writing and playing.....maybe gives Mr. Buffet some competition...there..thanks for sharing...MM Stan...
He really makes those pineapples sing....hey maybe that a new song....

Last edited:
Aloha Pippin,
I think Micky did a wonderful job and in writing and playing.....maybe gives Mr. Buffet some competition...there..thanks for sharing...MM Stan...
He really makes those pineapples sing....hey maybe that a new song....

Pippin = Mickey Maguire

MMStan, thanks for the compliments.

I used to play a lot of shows in the East and people often asked me when Jimmy Buffett wrote it. I had to explain that I wrote it and it appeared on an album of mine in 1992. It was a very popular tune with my following at the time.

Mickey

Love to get a copy of the Lyrics and chords for Blue Waters. Real catchy tune.

Awesome song. I'll hijacking the chords. Thanks!
DAP

I have always liked that song. I had no idea that you wrote it. Now that I know its history, I like it even more.

Glad you like it.

I have a friend that is well into his eighties call me one day and told me that he was driving his car and put the album on which that song originally appeared in his cassette player and listened to it while he was on the road. He told me that it was a week since his trip and he "... can't get that song outta my head." When I got off the phone with Paul, I wrote a song titled "Can't Get That Song Outta My Head". The original album was released in 1992 and I have played that song in many live performances since then.

Top Bottom