PDA

View Full Version : Is my Eleuke normal?

krisseye
10-18-2010, 09:58 AM
I just received my new K-Series Tenor in the mail and noticed that when I plug in my headphones, there's a very loud background buzz. It sounds like static. I don't have an amp so I haven't tested it with an amp. Is that normal?? Thanks in advance for the help!

thejumpingflea
10-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Try replacing the 9 Volt battery.

bazmaz
10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
there shouldnt be a buzz, though the headphone sound is quite hissy.

Are you sure its not the headphone jack or cable - is it seated in the socket correctly?

If you test with an amp, and get no buzz, its a grounding issue with the headphone socket side of things - if it buzzes on both, its a wiring issue more generally.

Easy to take the back off - have a look inside - any wires loose?

That said - if its brand new, I'd just get it replaced

Mim
10-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Try it out on an amp, replace the battery, try a different set of headphones... if those don't work, call your dealer and they can walk you through getting it swaped out. Eleuke has a great warrenty program!

mm stan
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd give the place you bought it from a call first, as it may void the warranty...contact them and address your issues...and see what they have to say...just to be safe first !! MM Stan..

krisseye
10-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try them while I wait for the seller's reply e-mail.

farmerboy
10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
It could also be your jack lead. Have you tried a different one?

psesinkclee
10-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Make sure its going in the headphone plug and not the mp3/cd input jack. I've made this mistake before, spent money on a new 9v, then discovered my mistake :p