Is my Eleuke normal?

krisseye

Reaction score
I just received my new K-Series Tenor in the mail and noticed that when I plug in my headphones, there's a very loud background buzz. It sounds like static. I don't have an amp so I haven't tested it with an amp. Is that normal?? Thanks in advance for the help!

there shouldnt be a buzz, though the headphone sound is quite hissy.

Are you sure its not the headphone jack or cable - is it seated in the socket correctly?

If you test with an amp, and get no buzz, its a grounding issue with the headphone socket side of things - if it buzzes on both, its a wiring issue more generally.

Easy to take the back off - have a look inside - any wires loose?

That said - if its brand new, I'd just get it replaced

Try it out on an amp, replace the battery, try a different set of headphones... if those don't work, call your dealer and they can walk you through getting it swaped out. Eleuke has a great warrenty program!

I'd give the place you bought it from a call first, as it may void the warranty...contact them and address your issues...and see what they have to say...just to be safe first !! MM Stan..

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try them while I wait for the seller's reply e-mail.

It could also be your jack lead. Have you tried a different one?

Make sure its going in the headphone plug and not the mp3/cd input jack. I've made this mistake before, spent money on a new 9v, then discovered my mistake :p

Top Bottom