Ohana 5 string mahogany tenor

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Talking with Ohana today and they told me the new 5 string tenors are on there way to Ohana's HQ. There may have been word of this a few months back but just wanted you to know in about 3-4 weeks we should have em in! Hooray! Heres a run down of the specs by Ken Middleton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdWTlSrep_o

Thanks for sharing, it's an awesome uke...wonder what price range will they be......MM Stan..

Thanks for sharing, it's an awesome uke...wonder what price range will they be......MM Stan..
MM the price isn't firm just an estimate but list is probably upper $300 range again just a guess as Ohana is sorting out their final cost. !looking forward to getting them in. Sometimes you want lowG and sometimes reg G and now you can even play em both! AWWWWWWWWWWWZUMMMMMMMM!

I've been waiting to try this idea out for ages! Glad to see that it's coming to market soon.
–Lori

I am not happy about this at all! Just when I was beginning to get my UAS under control, someone invents my perfect uke. Damn!!!

Do you think they will ever introduce this uke ?
Look slike they are going to miss Christmas 2010.

Do you think they will ever introduce this uke ?
Look slike they are going to miss Christmas 2010.

Yes, we will. It should be available for NAMM. We will hopefully have it on display. Any dealers that want one, can order them now. They should arrive in a few days. we have worked hard to get this right.

Will string companies be introducing new packaging for 5-string sets or do you need to buy a low G & high G set or something else? Great sounding instrument. Interesting concept too.

I have my Kamaka 6 string set up that way, as a 5 string with a low G, the high c removed but with a doubled d. works well for me. I'd like to see a extended fret board like the F style mandolin with 22 frets.

I've been waiting to try this idea out for ages! Glad to see that it's coming to market soon.
–Lori

It's really not a new concept or anything like that. Some of the smaller builders in the 808 have made them, Kanilea's for one (check their website). However it's a first for Ohana making it a production model.

Top Bottom