So I was taking a shower....

aquaticsloth

Reaction score
And I was hit with the sudden thought of... I sing in the shower, why shouldn't I be able to play ukulele in it too? Thoughts? Opinions? Or has someone already thought of this? I would seriously buy one of these right now if i could.

They make soap on a rope.

Thats all.

Waterproof Kamakas for singing in the shower

I'm pretty sure that all Kamaka ukuleles are now waterproof. Give it a try. :rolleyes:

what about a flea or a fluke with the plastic fingerboard?

Great idea. with a bung hole. Moore Bettah style

I don't have a flea or fluke but I think the top is wood (which I forgot when I posted that) but he back is plastic I think. I guess the wood top would get ruined. Hmmm... What about a carbon fiber uke?

I don't have a flea or fluke but I think the top is wood (which I forgot when I posted that) but he back is plastic I think. I guess the wood top would get ruined. Hmmm... What about a carbon fiber uke?

Thinking of the Blackbird tenor all carbonfibre uke? :)

I take my FLuke and Mahalos on walks because it always rains unexpectantly. I have to turn the Fluke over to avoid the soundboard from getting wet.

Funny it never rained with my Mahalo.

Maybe if you put some gloss sealer sprayed into the interior of the Mahalo, it could work.

Carbon fiber would look awesome! I wonder how it would sound? Surely better than all plastic! might not be very wallet friendly though.

Not to rain on the party - playing 'ukulele is the bomb - but why take a shower if you are going to waste water and not get clean because you are playing? Sorry, but we've had a main well poop out here in the past week and we are on emergency water. Water is way more valuable than we realize - without it we die. I think people forget that with sodas and other fake "thirst quenchers". So I'm not trying to be a downer, but I'd rather see waterproof 'ukuleles used in the river, at the beach, or on a surfboard.

Not to rain on the party - playing 'ukulele is the bomb - but why take a shower if you are going to waste water and not get clean because you are playing? Sorry, but we've had a main well poop out here in the past week and we are on emergency water. Water is way more valuable than we realize - without it we die. I think people forget that with sodas and other fake "thirst quenchers". So I'm not trying to be a downer, but I'd rather see waterproof 'ukuleles used in the river, at the beach, or on a surfboard.
Note taken Hippieguy. You gave me a great vision of sitting out the back, playing uke on a longboard, sunshine on the back. Ah bring on summer.

That is a valid point there. Sorry to hear about your well problem! =[. Paddling out and playing a few tunes though still sounds great!

There was a scientific study recently that showed that man can live 13 days on the average without water before dying of dehydration, but only 3 days without ukulele before dying of depression. Keep your priorities straight folks!

There was a scientific study recently that showed that man can live 13 days on the average without water before dying of dehydration, but only 3 days without ukulele before dying of depression!

Me afraid science.

Cheers!

Top Bottom