Sticky Fingers

France

Reaction score
Anyone out there have sweaty or sticky fingers? When i am changing chords or notes my fingers stick to the strings and it sounds like i'm doing a pull off. Does anyone chalk up their fingers to alleviate this?

The only time I came across this before,a friend was
learning the ukulele;like me,he had previously been a
guitarist.The point is,he was gripping the chords/notes
way too hard.On some guitars this is the right way to
sound the notes properly;on ukulele,it is generally too
hard a grip.Lighten up a bit and see what happens,still
make the notes clear,not muffled or buzzing,but you do
not need to hold them down that tightly with nylon
strings.I found that I could grip too hard when I played
a soprano size,but with a bit of practice,it soon came!

My hands sweat, very very much. Almost as much as i can stain a piece of paper, turning it into pulp. It's really hard to play when your fingers sweat though.

I usually play when i get up in the morning, because at that time, it doesn't sweat OR i dry my hands over and over when practicing between songs. Heh.

my thumb sweats, on my left hand, and my right fingers tend to get wet. Strange, thoguht it was because I was nervous, but not realizing it, because I don't ghet nervous.

Rub a little baby powder on your hands and wipe off the excess with a dry paper towel before you play. Worked for me this summer on many hot and humid days here in New England.

Sounds like you are pressing way to hard on the chords. Ease up a bit and that should help.

What are ya part Gheko? lol.. jk. I had to.. ;)

I had to open this because of the title. My grandpa when I was a kid always used the term "sticky fingers" refering to stealin something. We would be in his garage working on a project, and I would make a comment how cool a tool or something was and he would always say "just don't get sticky fingers on it... " lol.. Just brought back some cool memories for me with Grandpa.. :)

You could get something Bowlers use for thumb slicking... Its called Easy Slide:

2788540422_aa60432155.jpg

Thank you all for your kind words of advice. That bowling resin stuff looks liker a goer. I thought i was a bit odd but never heard of just one thumb sweating, that is bizarre Matt.

Top Bottom