kanile'a arrived

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
Aloha foreign brothers/lady brothers, my kanilea arrived in the mail today.

The wood is a bit darker, and sounds a bit deeper (which sucks :(, but it's awesome. I will post pictures up later if I get a chance, and play blue roses fallnig on youtube, and post it.

It sounds like my kpk actually, it sounds a lot duller than most people's on youtube, but it's still amazing. Now to buy an amp.

aloha

Glad it arrived and is okay, after all the trouble you had before..

Will anxiously await pictures and sound sample :D

Now...you can smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha Matt,
If your new Kanile'a sounds warmer..it means it's better than the previous one..probally not as bright because of your cut fingernails...I'd be glad it worked out fine for you...
Don't forget to send Kanile'a a thank you very much note (Mahalo nui loa) and that you received your uke in excellent condition and you're grateful for their understanding
and fine customer service.....Have Fun and enjoy!!! Happy playing's ......"Keep strumming them strings"...just wish I had one too!! MM Stan

Last edited:
Aloha Matt,
If your new Kanile'a sound warmer..it means it's better than the previous one..probally not as bright because of your cut fingernails...I'd be glad it worked out fine for you...
Don't forget to send Kanile'a a thank you very much note (Mahalo nui loa) and that you received your uke in excellent condition and you're grateful for their understanding
and fine customer service.....Have Fun and enjoy!!! Happy playing's ......"Keep strumming them strings"...just wish I had one too!! MM Stan

I agree 100%!! Give some love for the Kanile'a people for resolving your problem!!!

Make sure you play it a lot. A new ukulele's voice will change as it opens up.
Many times it takes a player some time to adjust their playing style to get the most out of a uke.
New/different strings can significantly change the voice as well so be afraid to experiment.
You have a great instrument and I am sure you will grow to enjoy it.

Congrats and happy strummin'

That is great news.

And I agree that Kanile'a deserves a big thank you for getting a new one out. There are very few companies who would send a new one out with nothing more than an individual's complaint. Try that with Guitar Center... I'm sure you would have gotten one back before November, I'm just not sure it would be this November.

As far the the warmer sound. That can be a good thing. As the ukulele ages it will get more volume and sustain. And I know first hand from all the tinkering that with a change of strings or saddles it is possilbe to get a brighter sound, but I have not yet found a way to get a warmer sound.

If it plays well and has good intonation, it will only get better.

John

Glad that was resolved and now you can get to the task at hand........play it!!!!

Enjoy!

Play the heck out of it for a while with the Aquilas. Then I suggest you try some Worths--I have a set of re-entrant CDs on my Kanilea Concert and also some Worths Low G HD on my Kanilea tenor and they really give a nice balance to the depth of the resonance. Congrats.

Glad to hear you finally got your ukulele.I knew they "Joe & Kristen " would come through.Hope that someday you have a chance to go to the factory and see for yourself.Been there and done that.It will definitly get better with time.Enjoy your Kanile'a

Good to hear a happy ending story. Did you send your other one back? Did they have an opinion on what the problem was?

Did it arrive in time for your "thing"?

Cool that you got the problem fixed.

My Kanilea Tenor Soundmonster didn't sound that great when I first got it either. I picked it up only a day or two after it came off the production line. Wasn't a huge fan, and somewhat dissappointed, to be honest. But I let it sit in its case for a few months (sadly, most of my ukes do that since I never have free time any more), and recently restrung it with Worth Low G. And OMG what a difference. The string tension on the top, combined with whatever magical forces of wood aging, and the new strings made the uke sound at least twice as good as before. Definitely a very enjoyable and responsive instrument now.

Give that Kanilea some time. The pickup does dull the sound noticably, but it's worth it if you need/want to play amplified.

hey Matt

I agree with the others that in time you'll come to love the warmer sound...just as the best tenors seem to be characterised by warmth,projection and sustain...can always play around with the strings to find which ones bring out the best voice for you

and like in John's post above re the sustain...I've just bought a white label kamaka soprano (not sure how old but must be around 30+ years) and the sustain is unbelievable, like no other "new" soprano I own

I just say congrats and really enjoy it brother. It's been well worth the wait!!!

Top Bottom