High or low

queenslander

Reaction score
Just ordered a new kala ka te, wondering if I should go High G or low g. look forward to any sugestions, cheers Brad

What kind of sound are you looking to achieve? Both have their pros and cons.

Me....I am a High G player. I have never played the low G as I prefer the "plinkier" sound from the High G.

Aloha and G'Day Brad,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and congrats on you new purchased Kala Tenor....I say play it as it arrives, don't worry about it....Have Fun and Enjoy!!!
"Keep strumming them strings" Cheers, MM Stan..

Its all what you want and not what we want! :) But I would recommend keeping the strings that are on it for a while before you change them... But thats just me!

I have a high G but have been thinking about switching to a low G.

Do you know if there is a problem of switching from a high G to a low G in terms of tension on the neck and intonation? Thanks.

Must... have... both! As soon as I outfit my CBU with a pickup, it's being converted to lowG, if for no other reason than a few of our reggae and pop tunes benefit from that low note for solo purposes. I will always lean in favor of re-entrant. I think.

I say both, pick up another Kala and have one handy with each tuning:) :) :)
DAP

High G has that more authentic uke sound IMHO. Tried low G but quickly went back. Too guitary i reckon.

Thanks everyone for your input, I already have a soprano with high G and love it but I was toying with the idea just to mix it up a bit. I really havn't had much to do with the low g sound though. Cheers Brad

I'm always high.

Top Bottom